IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forum excessively moderated  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum excessively moderated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

It's very easy to use the "report" post button, allowing everyone to contribute on content moderation. If a post is reported by a user, it would be marked for review by an admin. Simple.

This is true and I think the report button does get used, well it used to be.

Quote This way you are putting trust to the very users that are generating the content on the forum.

I think the trust is there but when this rule came into effect there was a lot of hate filled people against muslims and islam, and some muslims themselves were not of best behaviour either.  many even resigned up after being banned. There were a lot of complaints. Checking posts before they got posted was a way of controlling the situation.

The checking posts is for newbies for x amount of post anyway.

Trust me the board was very active, it seems it is not so at the moment.  

Edited by Angel - 04 February 2013 at 7:11am
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 6:38am

Hi admin, maybe you can give thought about relaxing the checking posts, give it ago, trial period and see how things go, you can always revert back if need be Wink

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic