IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Books, Newspapers & Magazines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kadyrov Hosts Iron Mike in Chechnya  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kadyrov Hosts Iron Mike in Chechnya

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kadyrov Hosts Iron Mike in Chechnya
    Posted: 18 September 2005 at 6:17am

Kadyrov Hosts Iron Mike in Chechnya

The Moscow Times

Artur Magomadov / AP

Tyson, left, being greeted on Thursday by a Chechen boy as First Deputy Prime Minister Ramzan Kadyrov looks on during a show in Gudermes, Chechnya.

Former world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson traveled to Chechnya on Thursday to open a Russian national boxing tournament and said he had prayed for the war, which has been raging in the republic since 1999, to end.

"I am glad that I am in the Chechen republic that I have read and heard so much about, and am glad that I am among Muslims," Tyson said, opening the event in Chechnya's second largest town of Gudermes, RIA-Novosti reported.

Tyson was a guest of Ramzan Kadyrov, the republic's powerful first deputy prime minister, who is a boxing enthusiast.

Tyson converted to Islam while serving time in prison.

A court in 1992 found him guilty of raping Desiree Washington, who was a contestant in the Miss Black America pageant the year before.

"We have seen on television an unfair war being waged in the Chechen republic for a long time. We in America prayed for it to end," Tyson said, Interfax reported.

Channel One television showed Tyson wearing a T-shirt and walking in a sports stadium under sunny skies to applause and cheers from a young crowd. Tyson, apparently moved by the reception, told the crowd, "Salaam Aleikum," the channel's news anchor said. The four-day tournament is being held in memory of Ramzan Kadyrov's father, the late Chechen President Akhmad Kadyrov, who was assassinated in May 2004.

Ramzan Kadyrov said he had invited Tyson in order to create a holiday for young people and show that peace was returning to Chechnya, Interfax reported.

Kadyrov called Tyson by his Muslim name, Malik Abdul Aziz, Interfax reported.

Tyson spent several days in Moscow last week and appeared on a talk show as part of a tour that included stopovers in Turkey and Ukraine.

He was expected to negotiate with Ukraine's Nemiroff vodka maker regarding a possible endorsement during the stay.

MOCKBA
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 6:39am
Maash'Allah....
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 7:13am

Assalamu alaikum,

Perhaps we have to give poor brother Mike a little lee-way, after all, he has been hit in the head so many times........perhaps no one has told him Muslims don't drink alcohol...........maybe someone should tell him.........maybe someone will, over drinks...

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 3:02am

Before condemning the persons we should first question to ourselves with caring the backgrounds of the persons we are making comments on...

Dear Kenski?,were you with Mike while he was living in the world's one of the poor district called Harlem struggling with it,did u try to survive under a dramatic family life?...after these years were you at the ring hearing the cheers coming on you:"win win,kill it;you must!!!,we bet on you,do win and don't make lose"...were you with him while persons were threating him like a kind of object to earn more money...did you feed up with naughty girls for not realizing the money game you are playing in,he faced....did you feel the pain while believing to Prophet HZ.Muhammed(s.v.s.)'s life style and seeing that you are in an river going far away from it day by day with looking to the coast(life of the last prophet)....

If something went wrong about him of course he couldn't be careless but we should also question ourselves what we did for the others when they needed hands...Mike has a mail,has a site and has a phone;were you with him?...

I can see a noor in then pic on the face of Mike...he feels more good when he comes to muslim countries....

Edited by Suleyman
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 9:58pm
you mean back when mike was a professional mugger?things were so tough for him he robbed people.the thing that turned him around was his trainer Gus Di Amato.Gus was hard nosed and put mike on track for the success he had in the ring.a couple of years later Gus died.with him mikes integrity less than a year later mike loses his title and rapes a woman.mike had the chance to lead a celebrities life instead hes a washed up chump with an attitude.
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 11:16pm
We are not talking the same language thx....
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 10:03pm
oh i think were speaking the same language.mike Tyson has been in the spotlight here in America for years.and at one time he was at the top considered one of the best of all times.mikes had a pretty high profile downfall. watched by Americans the whole time.whether it be biting off his opponents ear or holding down some guy at a restaurant and biting the top of his head mikes done both.his antics may not be so well known outside the US. but continual bad things keep coming out of this guy.and for that hes lost alot of respect
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic