IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Personalties
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Make a Wish: What do you wish for?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Make a Wish: What do you wish for?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CA TEAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Make a Wish: What do you wish for?
    Posted: 26 March 2012 at 10:55am
I put this question to my esteemed mentor Shaikh Mohammed Daniel and he replied thus:

"This sounds to me to be the story in which Sayyidina Abdullah Ibn Umar ibn Khattab(RA) the great Sahabi and erudite scholar of this Ummah, showed his extreme sagacity in the company of three of the tabi'een.

Musab Ibn Zubair ibnul Awwam (RA), Urwah ibn Zubair ibnul Awwam (RA) and Abdul Malik ibn Marwan were gathered one day with Sayyidna Abdullah ibn Umar ibn Khattab(RA)

Musab ibn Zubair said; As we are next to the Kaa'ba let us all make a wish (ta manuw) and Allah may accept our wish through the blessing of this gathering and your responding with 'Ameen'

So they said to him, as you have suggested this, why don't you start by making your wish first.

So Musab ibn Zubair said, "I wish to have the wilayah (governorship) of Iraq and marry both Sukainah bint Husain (RA) and Aisha bint Talha ibn UbaydUllah (RA).

Then came the turn of Abdul Malik ibn Marwan and he said, "I wish to become the Khalifah of Muslims one day"

Then came the turn of Urwah ibn Zubair who said, "I want to be a leading Faqih and that people come to me seeking knowledge"

Then came the turn of Abdullah Ibn Umar (RA) who said, "As for me, my wish is only for Jannah"

Each of them lived to see their wish come true. As for Abdullah ibn Umar (RA) then inshAllah his wish will also come true in the hereafter.

It has a weak chain of narration, however there are many lessons to be learnt from it.

Source and more
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic