IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Americas
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where is the Muslim voice in America?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is the Muslim voice in America?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2012 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Muslims are trying to fight the negative image and so-called terrorism laws that are targeting Muslim Americans today.

But this is precisely why I ask.  It would raise their image if they were standing with the Christian community on these issues.  If there was a focus on similarities between Christian and Muslim rather than the differences.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2012 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

I'll repeat, issues should be addressed in order of priorities. Issues that plague and impact the community at large should be addressed before we start discussing issues that are more personal in nature (e.g. abortion, gay-marriages etc).

I disagree.  We're not going to cure the ails of the world if we don't fix the foundations of our own societies first.  As long as people are living in disobedience to God's laws there will be disorder and division in the world.  It is the foundations which need to be maintained for a healthy society to not only survive, but thrive.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2012 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

My assumption is that national pro-life organizations such as National Right to Life Committee is made up of all faiths and even atheists.  Is it really necessary to single out any one religion as not doing enough for the cause? 

Well I was specifically addressing the health mandate which would require even religious organizations to provide services which are abhorrent to them.  Of which Mosques are one of these organizations.  The Catholic voice is the only one being heard. 
I hear Christians condemned all the time for their abhorrent behaviors and beliefs but I don't see the Muslims speaking out against this issue.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 4:17pm
This issue is one that addresses the impending removal of the very freedoms which the masses emigrated to America to establish.  The many people who left their homelands to get away from oppression... from dictatorship... and now that is where America is heading... to the very things the people were escaping.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic