IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Concepts of Unity + Diversity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Concepts of Unity + Diversity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concepts of Unity + Diversity
    Posted: 01 October 2011 at 10:05am

Salam,

Maybe someone can help me? As part of my University degree I am to write an essay on Christianity, Judaism, or Islam. I have chose Islam and the question set is:

"Discuss the concepts of unity and diversity in Islam"

Can someone suggest particular Surah's or even Ayah's I should read?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!  Smile
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2011 at 12:11pm
Salam
Here are some of them:

49:13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

35:28 And so amongst men and crawling creatures and cattle, are they of various colours. Those truly fear Allah, among His Servants, who have knowledge: for Allah is Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving.

30:22 (Y. Ali) And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colours: verily in that are Signs for those who know.

5:48�To each among you have We prescribed a Law and an Open Way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single People, but (His plan is) to test you in what He has given you; so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute.

109:6 To you be your Way, and to me mine. --- This talk about tolerance

2:256 �Let there be no compulsion in religion.  Truth has been made clear from error.  Whoever rejects false worship and believes in God has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks.  And God hears and knows all things.�

An articles about this:

Edited by semar - 01 October 2011 at 12:16pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Tulip View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2011 at 7:58am
Semar,

Thank you so much for your help.

I appreciate the time and effort you spent to provide me this information.

Tulip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic