IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am a Muslim, married a Christian girl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am a Muslim, married a Christian girl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chat2ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am a Muslim, married a Christian girl
    Posted: 14 August 2011 at 11:04am
I am a Muslim, married a Christian girl without her getting converted, which religion should my kids follow? is it okay to keep her family name as child's middle name as she is the only daughter and there is no one to continue her family name?

Edited by chat2ryan - 14 August 2011 at 11:18am
mrs shadab View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs shadab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 5:25am
Brother my humble wise advice to you is " please convert  ur wife  into ur religion first  then start living ur life so that ur here and ur hereafter could be safe ..
u  r muslim   and must know the rules n regulations of islam and saying of our beloved Prophet,sallallahu alaihi wassallam,,and teachings of quran and sunnah,,and by doing so  ur life would be beautiful and by obeying ALLAH swt commanments ur  akhirat will be safe ,inshaALLAH,,
WASSALM

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 12:12am
Salam,

Will be perfect if your wife is a muslim. However based on the Quran it is acceptable for a man to have wife from people of the book. However you should raise your children in Islam. Because there is a verse in the quran that say "Guard you and your family from the hell fire".

Regarding name, in Islam there is no concept of "muslim name" and non "muslim name", also there is no concept of Family Name. The only criteria is as long as the meaning is not bad will be OK. So yes you can name your children whatever you want, as long the meaning is not bad.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic