IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Arts & Literatures
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - music  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saher zaidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: music
    Posted: 01 July 2011 at 4:02am

salam

yesterday i was talking to my frd on phone and we were discussing does any sort of music included sufi kalam are allowed in islam or not?i searched in quran and in surah al-haj ,ayat:30 i find it in urdu translation the word "song "was mention and it was not allowed.on the other hand i also saw a different traslation of same ayat in which the word"song" was not mentioned.so i m confused does the music which make us close to Allah like sufi kalam or song sings like abeda parveen etc are allowed in islam? plz give me some refrences from quran or hadees  
Empiricist View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 8:19pm
(1) "Allah Mighty and Majestic sent me as a guidance and mercy to believers and commanded me to do away with musical instruments, flutes, strings, crucifixes, and the affair of the pre-Islamic period of ignorance."

(2) "On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will pour molten lead into the ears of whoever sits listening to a songstress."

(3) "Song makes hypocrisy grow in the heart as water does herbage."

(4) "This community will experience the swallowing up of some people by the earth, metamorphosis of some into animals, and being rained upon with stones." Someone asked, "When will this be, O Messenger of Allah?" and he said, "When songstresses and musical instruments appear and wine is held to be lawful."

(5) "There will be peoples of my Community who will hold fornication, silk, wine, and musical instruments to be lawful ...." -- 'Umdat al-Salik r40.0

Now do you really think ALL music is bad? I do not. In fact I think music can be very spiritual. Of course there is bad music abounding. But it has been shown in plant studies that plants grow towards classical music, and grow away from rock music and wither. So it is with people. It cannot be possible that all music is bad. Music can open the spiritual centers of the brain I think and can be very holy. Rock music and other types can encourage evil thoughts. So one must be selective as with all things. If one cannot be selective and restrain, then one must avoid.   

Edited by Empiricist - 11 November 2013 at 8:25pm
Carolaolaola View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolaolaola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2014 at 11:57pm
Very useful answer:) I'm new here, but I found what I need:)
llopperrt View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llopperrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2014 at 5:51am
I think it's important to know what the song mean.
Thanks for your post ;)
mesutozil View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mesutozil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2016 at 5:30am
Thanks for the useful information. I have been searching for this for 2 days. While the best app for songs is music paradise pro apk latest app
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic