IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Faith Questions??  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faith Questions??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfmobley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faith Questions??
    Posted: 24 June 2011 at 10:59am
Hello again...

In my efforts to understand the culture and customs of Islam, I have some general questions for new converts of the Muslim faith as well as established Muslims of the Islamic faith. In order to understand the attraction of the Muslim faith, some questions came to mind:

a) What makes individuals convert to the Muslim faith?
b) What makes individuals convert from Christianity to the Muslim faith?
c) What is it like to be Muslim in the United States?

Please feel free to share your thoughts and answers to these questions.

Blessings,

Phillip
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 2:22am
I am not convert but here what I heard from some converts, my answer on red:

a) What makes individuals convert to the Muslim faith?
Islam is very simple both in God concept and in application/ritual. Islam is for human being so islamic teaching/law can be followed easily  by everybody, you are not to be a saint to be a "perfect" muslim. Islam treat human as human not as angel or shaitan. As muslim you still allowed to do the following:
- marry (encouraged) and divorce (discouraged), have family and children
- pursue and posses wealth

b) What makes individuals convert from Christianity to the Muslim faith?
The most common reason converts from Christianity,  the confusion about divinity of Jesus. The superiority of Quran over bible both on authenticity and content. Muslim talk/pray directly to God without third party agent, no mater what it's call angel, prophet, saint, etc.

c) What is it like to be Muslim in the United States?
United states is a perfect place for muslim to observe their religion. Very much the USA laws and ethic in line with Islamic teaching. So even now we are a minority we are feel comfortable, even though since 911 there is some hate crime and other "unwelcome" incidents  here and there. But the incidents is to small compare to the good experience.

You can also read some convert story here:

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
pfmobley View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfmobley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 7:44am
Thanks Semar and Salam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic