IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My Story  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Story
    Posted: 08 December 2010 at 9:41pm
My name is Sheila and I am a 47-year-old African=American grandmother of two adorable grandchildren. I became a Muslim on Nov. 12, 2010. I had been researching Islam on the Internet for about 2 years. When I said the shahada, I was calm and peaceful. I wasn't nervous or afraid. I didn't believe the media's ideals about Islam and Muslims. The more I learned about Islam, the more convinced I was that it was the truth. It took awhile for me to accept that Jesus(peace be upon him) wasn't the son of God and that God was three persons. I come from a Christian background. I had been taught these things in church and at first, it was hard for me to not believe them. My entire family are Christians. No one knows that I'm Muslim but my daughter, my best friend, and my father. I haven't told anyone else. I believe with all of my heart that God(Allah) is one and that Muhammad is His messenger. I wear hijab without fear. I attend my local Islamic center on Fridays and Sundays. I also pray 5 times a day at the set times. I read 30 verses of the Qur'an. and I listen to quranic recitations. I want to learn Arabic so that I can read the Qur'an in it's orginal language.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic