IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Host with the Most"  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Host with the Most"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Host with the Most"
    Posted: 04 December 2010 at 6:37am

The Real Reason Qatar Won and the US Lost!

VS.

The Real reason the tiny Country of Qatar win its bid to host World Cup in 2022 and the US went home empty handed is summed in those two pictures. As you can see taken at two different events, who is the host with the most?

A whole lamb on each tray of just your average a burger? If you can do the math, so can FIFA officers. Living up to the the traditions in Qatar has never been too hard�the eye eats too. Now all eyes on Qatar! Hard Luck O�Bama

Edited by abuayisha - 04 December 2010 at 6:38am
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2010 at 9:19am
I think it's wonderful that Qatar hosts the world cup in 2022. Many Europeans have never been to an Arab country. I think this is a great opportunity for people on both continents to meet and get to know and appreciate each other. I think South Africa was a good choice too.

And air-conditioned stadiums powered by solar energy. Wow.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2010 at 1:01pm
I also think Qatar won because it puts up 50 billion.....The U.S. with its deficits and its current wars in two Muslim countries may have a small influence!

Matt

"Air conditioned stadiums powered by solar power is called "money"....Qatar didn't win because of venue, and I'm an avid soccer fan.

Edited by Gibbs - 04 December 2010 at 1:02pm
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2010 at 8:15am
Gibbs, I didn't say anything about the reasons. I just said that I like the decision. There were many factors. Like the BBC annoying FIFA. So England was out. Why did South Africa get it? Because the games had never been in Africa. It's a matter of fairness. The games have never been in a majority Muslim country. Again, a matter of fairness.

Edited by Matt Browne - 05 December 2010 at 8:16am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 11:20am
http://www.wired.com/playbook/2010/12/gallery-qatar-stadiums/?pid=77

Sports City Stadium

Sports City Stadium, located along the Persian Gulf in the eastern coastal city of Doha, should be the most versatile of the 12 stadiums to be built in Qatar's proposed $57 billion plan. The stadium's primary components are all retractable � its roof, its seats, even its field.

Sports%20City%20Stadium 
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 6:57pm
Most of the billions will end up in the Brits or other western masters' pockets anyways unless Qataris have gained the capability to design and construct the facilities themselves... So in fact it will be a boondoggle of first rate while a great number of their Arab brethren would be on subsistence! I don't need to list that!
The table setting of whole lamb for each setting is nothing but obnoxious display of gluttony and ostentation of the nouveau riches! The amount of food these Arabs throw away at the end of day is unconscionable in any religious terms! Any wonder the Brits dismembered the Muslim commonwealth so they could make their puppets waste the resources with impunity!
Here is lesson for them; they should look at the Brits finances in tatters!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 08 December 2010 at 7:37pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 9:44am
To me the deeper message is this:

Muslim societies are appreciated and they are members of the world community like everyone else.

The world cup used to be a European and South American show. Then came Asia. Then came Africa. And now we are talking about the Middle East.

Edited by Matt Browne - 09 December 2010 at 9:45am
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 4:10pm
Any place that has human rights issues I wouldn't classify as a representative Muslim society by any stretch of the imagination!
Qatar was not even the qualifying team last World Cup go around...So what is this all about?  Their desire to show off with big blow out of $55 billions when some of the European countries are in money mess... Did you see Prince Charles and Camilla's car being attacked by the student mob in London ? ...In case of South Africans they were given I think few billions to create some construction jobs and South African team did qualify to play in the tournament!
The wasters of resources are called the devil's brothers by Allah!
The Europeans were doing fine playing soccer among themselves then started another shooting war and now the same thing was transferred to ME, some societal development of world communities!
I sure hope the area is still intact in 2022 for the show...
There were some choice revelations about these Persian Gulf's city states as to the western subservience!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 16 December 2010 at 1:06am
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic