IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I was over come  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I was over come

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaiart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I was over come
    Posted: 11 November 2010 at 7:23am
I had no intention of becoming Muslim. I was in the library and for some reason I checked out three books. A bio of Muhammad, an Islam for Dummies book and the Quran. As I was reading them my head started throbbing and my heart started pounding. I am in great health with annual physicals and blood work etc...I thought maybe I was receiving a sign but I put the books aside anyway. The next day I was watching television, a comedy and I started to cry. Tears were literally streaming down my face, I felt overcome and I was compelled to get to my knees and I said the Shahadah.   I felt like the world was closing in around me and that saved me. I then went back to the      library and got some documentaries about Islam and I have chosen a Masjid dnow I am trying to learn the prayers, etc...
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 12:22am
Salam/Peace Br. Jaiart,

That's was an inspiring story.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Jaiart View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaiart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 10:25am
Alhamdulillah, Thank you brother. I went to a local Masjid, The Islamic Center of America today. I spoke with the visiting Imam as the regular Imam is on Hajj. I was given more books and told of classes for new reverts and shown wudu also. I will be going to Jumah starting this Friday.   I feel wonderful and like I am on the correct path.
want2know View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 10:39am
Wow, this is an amazing story. Alhamdulillah!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic