IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - British Sisters Advised to Abandon Hijab  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

British Sisters Advised to Abandon Hijab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 9:10am

As Salamu Alaikum

An interesting discussion but somehat off the top.

Narrated By 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intention and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for Allah and His Apostle, then his emigration was for Allah and His Apostle. And whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for." (Al-Bukhari Book 002, Hadith Number 051.)

Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala tells us in the Glorious Qur'an:

"He (Allah) has forbidden you one the meat of dead animals and blood and the flesh of swine, and that which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allah. But if one is forced by necessity without willful disobedience nor transgressing due limits, then there is no sin on him. Truly Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." Surah Al Baqarah 2: 173)

Using this Ayat regarding meat and extending it to other Islamic issues, like the Hijab, if a sister really fears for her life and feels she is putting herself in danger by wearing the Hijab then as Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala is the best Judge and HE knows the Intention of each and everyone of us, HE will reward her according to her intention. This is between Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and the individual. Islam is a religion of ease, and we should not make it difficult for ourselves or others.

Narrated By Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights." (Al-Bukhari Book 2 no.38)

What is dangerous is when an Ayat is quoted and it is said that there is no clear evidence from that Ayat that it is an obligation for a woman to wear Hijab. Like we have a post regarding the over garment no clear evidence that it should cover the head.

We have forgotten the meaning of the Shahadah "La ilaha illallah Muhammadur-Rasul Allah"

Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala tells us in the Glorious Qur'an to pray and give charity. How do we pray and calculate our Zakat, we refer to the Hadith of the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam). Like wise we have clear evidence from the Hadith that:

A'ishah (Radhi Allahu Anha) narrated: "Asmaa came to see the Messenger of Allah. She was wearing a thin dress, the Prophet turned away from her and said to her: 'O Asmaa! Once a woman reaches the age of puberty no part of her body should be uncovered except her face and hand." (recorded by Abu Dawud as Sahih-authentic.)

There is no disagreement amongst the scholars of today or the scholars of yesteryears, Hijab is an obligation for woman when she leaves her home or appears before non-Mahram men. The disagreement comes with the Niqab, some scholars say that is a Fardh as well others say no it is not. I will not start a debate on this point, but I believe if a sister wears the Niqab with earnest desire to please Allah, she will be reward by getting closer and closer to HIM.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala grant us understanding of the Religion and protect the Ummah of Muhammad (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) from the evil whispers of our own souls. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam 

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 10:10am

Aisha with all due respect you said ignorantly:

"I call them kufir its just a word for non-muslims"

To say someone is a non-believer because he/she is non-muslim contextually is wrong. Non-Muslims are not necessarily disbelievers by the fact that:

1) They may not have heard Islam (in the way its comprehensible)

2) They maybe Jewish or Christian and the Qur'an specifically does not condemn either of the two.

3) They maybe coming to Islam but on a gradual pace

Sister Aisha you must be compassionate and caring for your family even if they disagree with your religious faith. Islam is about compassion and understanding and about the examples of the prophet Muhammad. I suggest going back to the Hadith and reviewing a couples of actions the prophet took. However I understand your response as Islam being the faith of Allah which is true. But Allah is merciful and so too you should be merciful even to non-Muslims. Be careful as Allah will judge you in accordance to your words. 

Zahra View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zahra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 6:49pm

assalamu Alaium....

This is another one of satan's traps and oh muslim sisters please don't fall into it......... If someone asked you to change your name would you do it? No i don't think so, the hijab is our identity and abandoning it is the same as abandoning your identity. Allah protects his people and if harm were to befall on us (the muslim sisters) then non can prevent it other than Allah.....so place your trust in Allah and hold on tight to your faith.....

aisha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 1:32am
israfil as i said i dont use the word kufir in a bad way its you who interprets that,you only took a little of what i said so just for you i wont use the word again ok.and yes i do love and respect my non-muslim family i am a very caring person to my family.I also belive hijab is obligatory as allah(swt)did tell us to wear a head covering,as i said one day those who choose not to wear it, will find another excuse to wear tight jeans and t-shirts one day,but"still love allah"and maybe some will find there own minds and not try to look like a NON-MUSLIM and more like a muslim.    
aisha
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 5:43am

Bismillah,

Thanks Jenni.

According to Sahih Muslim and Bukhari this hadith about Asma' is daeef, which means weak.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 12:24pm

As Salamu Alaikum

According to the majority of the scholars there are 6 authentic sources of Hadith Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam), and Abu Dawud is amongst them.

Sister Herjihad do you mean that since this Hadith is not recorded in Sahih Bukhari and Muslim, so it is not a Hadith to take into consideration, because it is a weak hadith.One of the signs of The Hour is religious knowledge will be taken away by the death of religious men and religious ignorance will prevail. (Al-Bukhari Volume 1 Hadith no 80)

Anyway like I have said before it is the individual's choice, to wear or not to wear the Hijab to believe that it is an obligation or not to believe that it is an obligation. We are only answerable for our own actions before Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. May Allah guidance us to His Straight Path Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam 

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 1:07pm

Bismillah,

I mean that I read in Sahih Muslim and Bukhari that it is daeef, weak.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic