IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Angels  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Angels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 8:53pm

Bismillah

I am more concerned with assiting my Muslim brother who makes a mistake and exchanging views with him rather than a scandalous infidel who is completely ignorant of Allah. Hence, my replies to you, and sincere concern.

From a number of your posts in different discussion I noticed your interest in angelic nature. If you recall the closing chapter of your planned series that you intended to end with someone's dialogue with an "intlligent angel" (the thread where you also reserved the possibility of personally having seen and communicated with one). It is not clear though whether you realize the seriousness of the subject having relied heavily and primarily on non-Islamic resources and... folklore.

You may read the very first post you put on the subject and leaving all emotions aside look at the medley you created. This is not the way Muslims conduct discussions on Angels, belief in whom constitutes the second pillar of Imaan.

May I also correct you that I do not "call myself" a Moderator and if my current status on the board makes a lot of difference in the way you reply to me i would urge the Administrator to remove it and soothe your discomfort, insha Allah. I can lock the discussion but this is not the right way, i can privately communicate with you but this is not going to make others learn from experience the importance of using reliable sources when discussing serious matters... and the discussion wasn't initiated in private. 

To conclude, I would also be very thankful if someone corrects me should i unknowingly stray into error, which happened before and will surely happen again. We all have sessions of our socratic detachments but we should not lose our way back...

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 9:16pm

As'Salaamu Alaikum MOCKBA,

Unfortuntaley I don't feel a great deal of respect from you as I respect you the internet is good for conveying words for those unable to physical speak to the person whom they are chatting with, but at times its bad because words can be misunderstood. Since you recalled the book which I am writing recall when I mentioned that the Angel is nothing more than a figure who intervenes in the end series. I never describe the Angel by physical appearence I never had a name for the angel. I call it an angel because its an agent of 'intellect'. The book I plan to write is on Islamic philosophy in relation to the thoughts of Ibn Rushd (God keep him).

One of the very first things I just wanted to convey here was the nature of Angels and to appreciate God's helpers that is all. I apologize if you mistook it as something of error on my part but I feel that it wasn't. Since you feel a certain way and I feel a certain way then we are at a stalemate perhaps. I'm not claiming to be a know-it-all here but the one thing I do know is that I know my limits when it comes to subjects like this and I try my best to inform those of this forum my intention. The difference between you and I perhaps are a few subjects in between maybe I don't know. I appreciate your sincere concern but I also believe you are sincerely wrong when you feel that you are correcting me. Again if you wanted me to quote verbatum Islamic sources (i.e Hadith) you should have specifically have mentioned that. Again let this be the last thing I say here in this subject.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic