IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sallam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sallam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 4:53pm
Welcome brother hope you have fun with us although I'm new here myself, I didn't have a right to welcome you but anyway I did it :).
Younus View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Younus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 3:39am
Dear Brothers in Islam

Reg Mr Ace' s salutaion with " Namaste " - I would like to point out that it is not permitted in Islam to use this word coz it has a meaning going totally against islam.( the meaning is more or less, that i bow down to you ), which a muslim only does in front of Allah & none else.pls stop using this salutation.

And I wonder why my brothers are not using their real names & instead using nicks as ace ? mq&# , ? chrysalis.

Rgds

Younus
xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:58am
Originally posted by мα&# мα&# wrote:

Welcome brother hope you have fun with us although I'm new here myself, I didn't have a right to welcome you but anyway I did it :).

Thank you. And rofl, why don't you have the right? > >
You're new yourself, so welcome here I guess Smile
Originally posted by Younus Younus wrote:

Dear Brothers in Islam

Reg Mr Ace' s salutaion with " Namaste " - I would like to point out that it is not permitted in Islam to use this word coz it has a meaning going totally against islam.( the meaning is more or less, that i bow down to you ), which a muslim only does in front of Allah & none else.pls stop using this salutation.

And I wonder why my brothers are not using their real names & instead using nicks as ace ? mq&# , ? chrysalis.

Rgds

Younus

Dang, my bad, I really didn't know that and only intended to say that for any Indian seeing this. I'll edit and remove it now Smile Will be the first and last time I ever use this good for nothing word Tongue

Hey! You should just be grateful I didn't use something like killer_dude_for_life_69. . . biryani_4_lyf, etc etc. . . . Jkn jkn lol Tongue
You're right though, we should think about using our real names rather than this nicky trend. Not a very good habit this, I guess, if at all it makes a big difference.

Oh, and welcome to IC yourself. Hope you enjoy Big%20smile

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 08 June 2010 at 10:17am
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 1:37am
Originally posted by xx__Ace__xx xx__Ace__xx wrote:

Hey! You should just be grateful I didn't use something like killer_dude_for_life_69. . . biryani_4_lyf, etc etc. . . . Jkn jkn lol Tongue

LOL ! Thats funny. In that case case I would surely be "Shawerma-4-lyfe"

Quote You're right though, we should think about using our real names rather than this nicky trend. Not a very good habit this, I guess, if at all it makes a big difference.

Actually - there is NOTHING wrong with using an online pseudonym. Infact it would actually be preferable/recommended given the unsafe nature of the virtual world. Keep your real-name and information for the real-life people in your life.

Also, in Islam - it is perfectly okay to use a "laqqab" or "nickname". Most of the Sahaba we know today, we know through thier "laqqab"s . . . not thier real names Smile. Not saying that this is why we should all change our birth-names . . . but just saying that it is perfectly acceptable & okay to do so. As long as your name doesn't have negative connotations like "Killer-dude-XYZ" . . . etc.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic