IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why we must eat halal food.......  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why we must eat halal food.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 5:56pm

Edited by firewall
half_a10 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote half_a10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 12:49am
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
I think, that was a good question. Actually, as a human it is our 'fitrah' to know why is something being prohibited and others not. According to the question that being expressed, I think what Mockba had stated was true. But there is also a reason why we need to slaughter our animals because we know that blood is one of the medium to spread diseases so no wonder why our Creator want this thing been done. Wassalam.
Deus View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 9:03pm

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but this is an interesting article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/genes/article/0,2763,1548451,00.ht ml

Would this mean be halal or not?

Gedya View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gedya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 2:24am

This subject and its responses seem to prove what I have long suspected. Somebody, somewhere writes a 'commandment' which humble followers are obliged to respect lest they disobey the word of their God (which of course never was the word of their God) and Peer pressure subjugates them into obedience.

The problem is that nobody really knows what it is they have to obey because there are, as ever, many possible interpretations and many 'wise' people insisting that their interpretation is the correct one. Result, indoctrination, dispute and false piety.

One person has stated that eating the flesh of a Pig is bad and the rule must have come about because, in doing so, we are ingesting all the antibiotics and growth hormones that modern  farming pumps into these animals. Whereas I would agree with the principle that we poison our food with these dreadful chemical concoctions, I don't imagine for a second that any creator had this in mind when the instruction was originally issued. Could it perhaps be a folk memory of an original scientific knowledge, now known again, that the flesh of a pig, being so close to that of a human, does not promote wellbeing in the human. Indeed, it causes many adverse effects. The addition of chemicals today simply worsens this. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic