IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NEED QUESTION ANSWERED!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEED QUESTION ANSWERED!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 7:42am

As-Salaamu Alaikum

Dear Orhan,

Please do not think that, you are strange (ie �That is why I am strange, I look at the things from different angle�), as �normal� is a myth. I have heard many people I know say things like, �our family is crazy�, however they base their opinions on false perceptions.

The media for a start conditions us into thinking, this is what a �normal family/person� is, however the media portrays a false world, a world which may be portrayed as �perfect� (ie this is what a family/person should be like), or indeed �incoherent� (ie lots of dramatic events taking place, for the sake of excitement & viewing figures).

Also when you are invited to someone else�s house as a guest, the host�s family will inevitably be on best behaviour, and hence hide any shortcomings, giving the perception of a totally harmonious family/person, when in fact every family (as every person) has it�s �defects�.

I agree with much of what you say, to pick up on your point - �By the way how could someone's intention of doing things for reward be right? Isn't it odd!�

From my experience, if one does good deeds for (Allah alone), & hence for a spiritual reward (& not necessarily a worldly reward), then you will be close to the truth, as you can attain peace of mind, by doing things for others (peace of mind in this world & paradise in the Here-after). Peace of mind that a selfish, greedy person can never attain.

With regards to your final point � �Same goes for the intention of praying in the mosque, you pray for more rewards or you pray at home because you are sure that no one will see you except Him performing your prayers. And the only thing you care is closenes to Allah SWT. and not to people!�

I agree that, Salah is for Allah (swt) alone, but surely if you make the intention before you go to the Masjid, that you are going there to offer Salah for Allah alone, this is superior than offering it at home by yourself.

I say this as when you are at home by yourself, you are sure, only Allah (swt) knows that you are offering Salah, however if you go to the Masjid, the satan may tempt you into �showing off�, hence if you can overcome that temptation, your Salah will be far superior, as at home you do not have the test of overcoming that temptation.

I hold you close to my heart, and hope I have helped

Wa-Salaam

nadir

Al-Hamdulilah

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 9:52pm

As Salamu Alaikum

This is a topic that comes up now and again.

Madhhab

My opinion is no - we don't follow any particular Imam.

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) stated that we should follow what's in the Glorious Qur'an, his Sunnah and the Righteous Caliphs that follow him.

If we do that, we are Insha Allah on the right path, the Siratul-Mustaqeem.

Regarding the brother who states that he prefers to pray alone, because he is not sure about the character and conduct of the imam, then he is moving away from the Sunnah. If the Imam is guilty of taking interest etc then Insha Allah that is between the Imam and Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala but by him adopting his manner he is depriving himself of the reward for men who pray in congregation and also he is also depriving himself of following a Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam).

Let's face it; there are very few Muslims who can honestly say that they are living their lives as the early Muslims did � the first few generations of Muslims. We are caught up in a rat-race, the track of which is never ending. Can we seriously deny ourselves the few rewards that we can get? No I don't think so, we have to grab every little reward that comes our way.

Of course for woman it is a different story. She gets more Ajar (reward) for praying at home.

Come let's fight the Shaitan within us.

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic