IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I just dont understand  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I just dont understand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 10:24am

Sorry about the late reply..

I'm not just trying to find an excuse, simply because I don't feel that I need it ...and as I said before, I don't believe any politician regardless of his country or religion...

Check it out Tracy, and see who did he blame..

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/g8.main/

Just to stick with the original subject of this post, killing the innocent cannot be justified by any means....

But why is it so disturbing to lose 55 souls in London, but it's not the same to lose THOUSANDS of souls in any other place, like Boisnia, Afganistan, Iraq, Thailand, Burma,Palestine...etc?

To kill the inncocent isn't accepted anywhere, right?

human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Human, a great post. I agree with every word and your fair logic.

But, the sad reality is that the educated and enlightened Muslim has been rendered redundant by the reality of occupations of Muslim lands, mass killings, prisoner abuse and, finally, by the desecrations of the Quran.

Shall I place just an example from one of my neighbour countries? The Islamists had never held more than TWO seats in the National Assembly of Pakistan. Afghanistan made them hold two whole provinces, Baluchistan and the NWFP. Iraq and the US continued support for their general in Islamabad (with total disregard for the man in the street - as usual) I would be surprised if the country won't have something even worse than Talibaan in power within this decade.

Brother, ideal solutions and sheer logic does get lost in ground realities.

Thanks for your compliment. Within all the strife and acrimony, we do find some common ground.

In all fairness, it is despicable for the western powers to exploit the weaknesses of the muslim (and other) countries. Lot of people, including many Americans, realize that. But, the major portion of the blame, must go to muslims. If the americans are able to exploit Saudis, Egyptians, Turks, Nigerians and Jordanians, it is because they are simply exploiting the weaknesses inherent in those societies. This is an age old, time honored trick perfected by imperialists for several millennia.

India is a good example. Throughout her history, the greeks, mongols, turks, mughals and europeans have exploited the deep divisions in the society. It is true that two wrongs do not make it right, but India found a unique solution. Welcome the agressor and make him love the land and the people. In due course of time, he becomes one of us.

But I digress. I think the solution lies in education, introspection and development. Eye for an eye sounds great, but in practice it has never worked. Should America and the west be more humane and just. Of course. If history has taught us anything, it is that justice, fairness and tolerance are good for small communities and within a country. When it comes to global politics, they have no place on the table. Sad, but that's the reality.

Human

Edited by human
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic