IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Europe
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why German public schools now teach Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why German public schools now teach Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why German public schools now teach Islam
    Posted: 20 January 2010 at 4:03pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
AAmira123 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAmira123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 7:50pm
Salam,

I am so happy to hear that they are teaching Islam, I grew up and went to school in Germany, I always felt so isolated when the last class of the day was the Christian Learning, and I had to go home. It made me feel as a 10 year old that in this country my religion didn't matter and the other kids treated me VERY differently because I was not their religion. I am so happy other children won't have to go through that.
sarakhan28 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarakhan28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 10:20pm
Its good and now they get clarity misconceptions regarding Islam.
rapradriwo View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapradriwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2013 at 3:52am
I think that it is good for German children, I wonder why in Poland do not teach Islam in school, I'm sure that was an alternative. In my country, it is hard to learn the language and its availability is low.

Edited by rapradriwo - 25 April 2013 at 3:54am
mariop View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2013 at 1:10am
It is good to know that they started to teach Islam. Smile
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 9:00am
Yes, it's a good thing. The important part is state supervision. Any intolerant forms of Islam taught at German schools won't be tolerated.

Why do we have the Taliban in Pakistan? Because they run the Islamic madrassa schools there teaching young boys how to hate non-Muslims.

Even all the Arab schools don't teach tolerance depicting Western democracies in an unfair way.

Edited by Matt Browne - 06 December 2013 at 9:01am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
boonanee View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boonanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2014 at 4:16pm
Alhamdulillah..
Nice to hear that..
I wish someday visit to German :)
Kevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2014 at 5:08pm
I am not so keen that public school teaches dogma. But i do think its nice if they want to have a private school or a summer camp or something. If one wants to send their children to learn about God. I just feel public school should be more about math, history and homework in general.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic