IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The different types of Islam.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The different types of Islam.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erotanes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The different types of Islam.
    Posted: 25 July 2005 at 8:07am
I know there are different sects of Islam just as there is in most other religions, but I want to know.

What is the difference between the primary sects of Islam, and do they mostly repspect eachother or do they fight with eachother over thier differences?
Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 9:20am
Peace erotanes

Well of sects that i know of there are:

Sunnism
+various sub branches

Shiitism
+various sub branches

Suffism
+various sub branches

All based on various side scriptures to the Quran, and these side scriptures are altso the very basic of their arguements. we all agree to Quran, what it is, and where it came from. But noone is in agreement about hadith, and wich ones are "valid" and that is what is creating sects a.f.a.i.c .

Are there respect amongst us.. not enough if you ask me. All branches are shouting BIDA!! to every concept of Islam that they do not understand or abide by. The problem is, all of us knows that the truth is with God exclusively. So even argueing who is right is a fallacy in its own right. And to judge others non believers, are not for us to do, as simple as that.

Peace
Noah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic