IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Confused  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confused

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 7:04am
Hello Kelly !

Just wanted to pop in and say that 'reverting' for the sake of your boyfriend would be a bad idea.

Infact - warning from a sister . . . stay away from all muslim men who don't practice their religion and just want to date you/have a relationship. It is safe to say their intentions are not sincere/pure.

Regards,

PS: However, since you're already curious, maybe you should read about Islam, ask around about it. . . if nothing, just for knowledge's sake. :)

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2009 at 9:52am
My 2 cents: Will wait for kelly to return to the forum; she seems MIA....
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Ali77 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 5:53am
Hi Kelly I donot know your situation but if
I in your place I will believe in Islam like
experience if I find it well I countinue if
I not be concieved I will return to my last
state but I hope and think you are being satisfied
about islam because it organizes our life and learns us
how to deal with people and respect them
at last this only my own view and I hope it be acceptable
from you and God bless you.
kelly View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 9:36am
Thanks for all yoyr messages Smile Well basicly he's 31 years old and im 18. Ive met his mum a few times and at the start she was telling me how i should change in my own time when im ready. Now she dosnt wont to speak to me unless i change. Hes met my family on numerous occations.. they dont wont to speak to him anymore because of the things hes recently done. Ive read a few books and have started to learn alot about it but im stil not to sure if i should change.. after all, why should i change my life when he isnt a practising muslim himself.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 6:09pm
You are right why you should change for him when he himself is not a practicing Muslim. But what about for yourself? He probably wants you to become Muslim may be just by name, like he himself is, so probably his family and friends would not point fingers at him.
In some cases like this the wife brings her husband to become practicing and good Muslim thus deserving the reward only Allah can provide.
But I will say, its absolutely up to you but don't revert until you fully understand and build that strong foundation. But do it for yourself, if you are ready. If you just do it for him, it will not be of any benefit, but Allah knows the best.
Take care, and guard yourself, learn and teach him what he took for granted and don't live by.
May Allah grant you what is good for you, Ameen.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Momin001 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Momin001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2009 at 5:52pm
For Kelly,

First you must learn about Islam thoroughly and decide whether Islam make sense to you and you really feel it is the right religion. If you decide to revert as Muslim, you must do it for yourself and for Allah and not for a Boyfriend.
Once you understand Islam and become Muslim with full faith in Allah and wish to live your life obeying Allah, then rest assured that Allah- God allmighty will find you the a good Muslim  to get married.  It is not good for you to revert for a man who is already not a practicing Muslim.

Here are some sight I leave for you to start learning about Islam:
http://www.islamworld.net/true.html                                                                   
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by kelly kelly wrote:

Thanks for all yoyr messages Smile Well basicly he's 31 years old and im 18. Ive met his mum a few times and at the start she was telling me how i should change in my own time when im ready. Now she dosnt wont to speak to me unless i change. Hes met my family on numerous occations.. they dont wont to speak to him anymore because of the things hes recently done. Ive read a few books and have started to learn alot about it but im stil not to sure if i should change.. after all, why should i change my life when he isnt a practising muslim himself.

Hi dear,

I know how you feel perfectly, because me, myself, I was in your place few years back, but I didn't meet his family, because after 3 years of relation and getting everything from me, he just decided that his future was having no place for a Catholic. I cannot blame him, after all, because I understand that this is his culture (he was from an Arabian country, where it's more difficult to get married with a non muslim, so...), but at the same time, he destroyed lot of my dreams and hurt me in a way that nobody did before and I hope nobody will do

I started learning about Islam, and I am still doing even after our relation finished, because I think that we all should look for knowledge and the religion is a very important issue in the current times.

My suggestion is that you have to ask him to teach you what Islam is through his acts. It's very difficult to find a good Muslim and a true Muslim (sorry, I don't want to offend anyone but that's what I see daily in the Mosque, and I have been talking about it with every Muslim I know, and they agree with me), but at the same time, if you find one it's like a jewel and you most probably understand what Islam is through the knowledge of his acts.

Really, if he is not defending Islam, he has no right to ask you to do. These kind of people are the people who are giving a wrong thinking about Islam, you cannot ask the people to do something that you yourself are not doing.

Go on learning about Islam, and reading Quran, and all that, but you have to talk to him seriously about it, because his behaviour is very hypocrital (I am sorry, but that's what I think).

Good luck,
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2010 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Pati Pati wrote:

I cannot blame him, after all, because I understand that this is his culture (he was from an Arabian country, where it's more difficult to get married with a non muslim, so...), 

Wow Patti, that is really big of you then. Because I think he is 95% blameworthy . . . He was in a r/ship with you for 3years ! Isnt that leading someone on !!! he had no scruples whatsoever. Confused
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic