IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - This is my Hijab...!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This is my Hijab...!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by berre berre wrote:

thats really a order of Allah s great orders... ı m from turkey we cant wear hijab... it s so sad... I will try to wear hijab with my friends...  of course, Allah s orders are is the most important...Unhappy

Asslamu Alaikum

First, welcome to the IC. nice to see you here.. Big%20smile this is your rose and you deserve more..

Don not worry sister!! try to obey as much as you can but then do not do what harms you because Allah doesn't want nay harm for us.Wink
 May Allah make it easy for you to wear Hijab. Others should not blame you cause they do not know what you face to wear Hijab.. just fight for the sake of Allah in the limits of what does not cause you harm. If it is just a wierd look or a bad word that is fine for the sake of Allah.. we should be warriors for the sake of Allah and bear more.Smile

Again, WELCOME!!Star

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
berre View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2009 at 10:33pm
thanks for your message and rose...Smile I wrote a letter president with my friend ...we will send him tomorrow he can throw us out but we struggle  they cant scare us we only scare from ALLAH...

AGAİN THANKS I AM PLEASANT FOR MESSAGEWink

Edited by berre - 22 December 2009 at 10:33pm
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 4:31am
As Salamu Alaikum

SubhanAllah ! Good discussion sisters. As always, sis Full of hopes, shares good articles. JazakAllahu khayr.

I feel very frustrated at those muslimahs who wear hijab and misuse them.

Few change the essence behind hijab. Abayas have embroidery over it,and few shine so much. They easily attract attention of people. I don't like, those abayas, as one of the sister mentioned, {may be sis Kauthar}, that they are so skin tight ---

By the way, though late, but i wish to welcome sisters Berre and Kawthar. Hope and wish, you participate actively in other discussions as well.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2009 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by islamic_talibah islamic_talibah wrote:

Well...u c here in Pakistan its still easy 4 us 2 observe hijabs or veils as per 2 our wish n will...but u c sum "secular political" bodies n parties hav also attempted 2 create problems 4 those who observe hijabs....

Assallmualaikum Sis Talibah,

Yes you are right sister, alhamdulilah it is relatively easier to follow Hijab in Pakistan.

But you brought up valid points of the struggle some sisters have to face when starting to observe Hijaab. Sounds strange, but yes, some other Muslims and Muslimahs can create so many hurdles for a muslim who is trying to practice their deen. Even your own family members can sometimes say such cruel thing - they shake your imaan sometimes.

Especially if you belong to a westernized circle who consider themselves "modern" & "educated" - they may talk about being open-minded - but they are very close-minded when it comes to Muslimahs who wish to make an effort to cover themselves up. It can make your effort all that more difficult. I know many Muslimahs who wanted to cover up, tried it, and then abandoned it because they were shunned by people in their social group. My father's own friend, calls such women "Fundos" (derogatory short for fundamentalists).

When I initially started to wear the Hijab, my own dear relatives were telling my mom (my mom was supportive) - "Don't worry, she'll grow out of it - its just a phase". 
"Lets see how long she can keep this up". That can put a lot of pressure on a Muslimah who is just starting out !

When I didnt wear the Hijaab in front of my then 5yr old cousin, an uncle would make fun and say - wear your hijaab, your cousin is a non-mahram. They thought it was all good fun Ouch.

I had older relatives of mine tell me that the Hijaab makes girls look older, and you're too young to wear it ! Its okay to take it off on weddings, its just family Ouch

Even some school teachers gave me weird reactions. Teachers I had known since years literally asked "Whats wrong with you?" (Tumhe kia ho gaya hai larki?) and "You shouldn't go to such extremes" (even though I was trying to follow just the basics of Hijab, I wasn't even wearing an abaya or niqaab, they thought it was extreme Confused ) Hence, I really respect those who actually manage to get to the level of the Niqaab.

There are so many Jihads a Muslimah has to go through. So when I see some Muslimahs trying to practise "thier version of the Hijaab" - as long as thier actions don't speak otherwise - I try not to judge. I don't know what thier personal Jihaad is, or how much they are struggling with thier own Imaan.

Don't get me wrong, there are those you meet who are supportive, and I came across those people too, but that part of the post just got me going. In fact I think I am going to write an article on "The Plight of the Muslimah". Wink

Quote FOLLOWING RITE PATH IS VERY HARD N PAINSTAKING...BUT ALLAH SUBHAANA WA TA'ALAA ALWAYS BLESS THOSE WHO CHOOSE 2 PLEASE HIM N NOT THE WORLD....SO HE NATURALLY MAKES THE HEARTS OF PEOPLE FILLED WITH UR RESPECT........

Smile

so just believe in the ALMIGHTY n go on!!!!!

That part is encouraging. Alhamdulilah. Smile

Edited by Chrysalis - 23 December 2009 at 1:43pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2009 at 6:44am
Asalalam ALaikum,

It is interesting what you wrote Chrysalis. Probably I had little trouble was
1. I did not understand the language
2. It was actually GOOD for me to wear it as a foreigner.

I remember once that when I met with this "captain" who spoke English for dinner with a friend, he said to me "You like wearing "that?" I said yes, sure. He wasn't expecting that! LOL Smile

I had an interesting chat with a young sister there. Everyday she wore make-up. She asked me if I wanted to wear some. I said why would I want to draw men's attention. (Had ENOUGH of that in Pakistan.. lol).  She took her's off but the next day it was on... I think there are profound cultural influence all over the world.

Another young sister I know tried to wear it but got a lot of pressure from classmates, teachers etc to be less observant. 
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2009 at 5:44am
Asslamu Alaikum

I found this article and wanted to share..Smile

Hijab

By/ Haiae Muslima   
02/03/2009

My friend......The Shining   Star

My friend came today in her unusual look.  She came covering her head and her friends were around her questioning the change she had.  One of them asked what was the new dress that you are wearing and why??

The answer comes in proud and happiness. It is the Hijab that God imposed on every female Muslim.  Haven't you read in the Quran "O Prophet (Muhammad peace be upon him)! Say to your wives: "If you desire the life of this word, and its glitter, - then come!  I will make a provision for you and set you free in a handsome manner (divorce)!" Al-Ahzab 28. 

The veil is the head cover and the JAIB is the chest and what around it. 

The other one asks in bother:  Does the Islam impose the woman to cover her beauty and her embellishment and her hair which is her beauty crown?

She answers her pitifully:  my dear sister the veil is an order from Allah the Creator, The Merciful imposed on all Muslim women.  He knows what is good for his slaves; it is like pearl which doesn't like the shell but it nourishes and protects the pearl. 

So, behind imposing the veil are meanings of bashfulness, faith and solemnity.  The beauty is not wearing make up or fashionable clothes, the real beauty is in the hearts, perfect manners and the love of Allah and his messenger. 

One of her friends said:  I thought that this Hijab will prevent you from getting married?  She answers her in confidence:  My dear sister, didn't you know that " good women are for good men and good men are for good women."  

I will only marry the ma who is committed to his faith and whom will take care of my life and future.  For that husband who allowed his wife to leave her house revealing her beauty and all people are looking at her, he is a person who doesn't have any jealousy to Allah's rights so, how would I trust in him on my life?

Another one whispers in her ear:  Oh sister! How about those who will make fun of you and accuse you with ignorance?  

She answers proudly:  why would I worry about expressions and meaning created by Satan and his bodies to stop us from Allah's path?  If the falsity was in a deep well, Satan will flip it in a minaret and start calling among people to let them know how falsity is beautiful and flip the facts?  Is civilization in having naked bodies exposed as goods in the roads? 

My Muslim sister:  Take this advice:  it is either hell or paradise and there is no shelter but to Allah and as the prophet peace upon him describe a category of people of hell that they are disclosed and naked which mean covering some of her body with clothes and reveals the rest with short clothes or wears thin layers and tight clothes.  They coddle when they walk and soften their voice when they talk.  The prophet peace be upon him told us too that they will never enter paradise and will never smell its scent and paradise scent will need 500 years.    

My Muslim sister:  Be ware, and you are the star lightened since the prophet hood, to imitate the Western society which makes your virtue as a wide or narrow dress and be ware because you are the Ummah's nursemaid and generation's originator.  One of her friends got affected by her and decides to go back to Allah and starts crying and asking her friend to guide to the right way of dressing as a Muslim woman who wants to have a truce with her God and who got sick of disobeying Him. 

She answers:  the Muslim woman should cover her beauty and her manners should be dignity and bashfulness and her character is Islam and her hope is to please Allah, and her beauty is to fear Allah, and her dress is long, wide covering and revealing any of her body.  It shouldn't be attractive or a fashionable dress and shouldn't look like men's clothes and not transparent. 

I warn you from disobeying the Islam guidelines in wearing perfumes when you go outside or wearing tight, opened clothes or pants.  I warn you from wearing the nail polish which prevents the water reaching the nails and hence spoils the ablutions and the prayers.  Unfortunately, some women covering their heads do these things.  The committed woman should be a symbol in her manners is to obey Allah who said: "Has not the time come for the hearts of those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) to be affected by Allah's Reminder (this Qur'an), and that which has been revealed of the truth).  Al-Hadid, 16. 

My Muslim sister:  Oh God!  It is time for our hearts to be affected by the Qur'an....hoping our hearts soften and say together:  it is time my Lord!  This is your Gracious Lord's call who loves those who repent.  Allah loves those who repent and those who are piets. 

Dear sister; come on come on

I want to call you my faithful sister and you knew the conditions for the word faithful. Oh my faithful sister!  I swear whoever believes in this life (Dunya) and I call it Dunya because it is low, is not rational.  I didn't say exchanging it with the hereafter, but whoever feels assured in this life is not rational.  So, what do you think of someone who sold paradise to feel beautiful in life or have others admire her?  Come on my faithful sister and let's start a new page.

Yelling and whispers

This is a strong good lecture for Sheikh Muhammad Hussein Yacoup, God protect him, I hope everybody will participate and please spread what you know to others. 

My dear sister:  did we sell paradise?  Can you handle the hellfire? 

Don't be sad for the least followers and don't be happy for the most losers. Let's start a new page with Allah.

My dears in Allah, Al Hijab is our current program by God's willing. 

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic