IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ramadan.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ramadan.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Unknown] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ramadan.
    Posted: 25 September 2009 at 7:25am
Assalamu Alaikum;

Some questions have been lingering in my head for quite a long time. However, recently, a new question got my attention. A sister asked me last week, if my memory serves me right, about Ramadan. She only became a Muslim a year and a half or two years ago. She asked me alot of questions that i answered but one.
Her question was somewhat sudden and caught me off-guard. I haven't been a true Muslim up until recently and still have to learn so much about Islam. For that reason, I would appreciate any help I could get here.
Her question was, "If fasting became wajib on you only a few years ago and you fasted those months. But only now you found out that certain things you do make your fast unacceptable. Do you have to make them up now, even if you have no idea how many days you have to make up?" Her specific case was somewhat hard for me to talk about. However, in Islam, we cannot let shyness prevent us from learning about our religion and teaching it to others. And to get a clear answer, i have to mention it. She was asking specifically about masturbation. I couldn't give her a clear answer because I have no background about its rules, whether it is haram or halal and on what conditions or anything. Therefore, I thought I would post her question here so that I will be able to give her an answer and for all those who do not have knowledge about this.

Thank you.
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 1:36pm

Wa Alaikum Asslam

Can not your sister guess how many days she did that in Ramadan in Islam? Just like the maximum and the minimum. I will try to ask  a scholar for her and see what he responds but the number I think is important even for people her to answer you.

And there are very good sites for Islamic questions and they answer you but I am not sure of any one. May be you should look for them and I will try to ask for you.
   May Allah be pleased.

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
[Unknown] View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Unknown] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 1:45pm
Assalamu Alaikum;

From what I've known so far, it is not allowed for you to pray when you are junub. Therefore, a junub person's fast is not accepted. However, I will try asking her to be more specific. Furthermore, it is hard to be sure how many days because not only the day you did it, it is not allowed; but all the days up until you perform a ghusl. Therefore, even if she had a normal shower, the niyyah for ghusl was never there. Doeas that mean all her fast and prayers were not accepted?
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 6:02pm

Asslamu Alaikum

May Allah help your sister and forgive her. Remind her to ask Allah forgiveness so much and do istigfar for her sins. Also remind her that Allah is full of mercy so do not beat herself. Fear Allah but be full of hope that He forgives the sins when we ask His forgiveness.

Well I asked and here is the reply:
 1- she has to make up those days but in a way that is easy for her and do not harm her health. This doesn't mean fast the whole life but in an easy way, maybe every Monday and Thursday. Remember that Allah is full of mercy and if she dies without being able to complete thees days, He knows her intentions and willing to make up these days.
 2- she has to remember maximum number of days and minimum number and make up the rate. I mean the number in the middle.
 3- If this is more than one Ramadan, she needs to feed the poor. Around 1 and 1\2 Kg for every day.

I hope you can ask someone else.
  I asked just one because this issue is sensitive. And again I am sure you have to look for websites just for answering questions.
 I do not know any website I can trust to tell you about, but they are so many.

May Allah help you.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 28 September 2009 at 6:05pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
[Unknown] View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Unknown] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 1:51am
Thank you for your reply.

I told her about this answer and she is very grateful. But, she just told me that even though Ramadan was wajib on her for two years, she only fasted one. That is, she fasted both but only in one did she pray the five prayers and acted like a Muslim. When she looked around, she found that in the Ramadan that she didn't pray, she doesn't have to make up the fast because she was like a non-Muslim who accepted Islam.

Therefore, maybe the maximum days are 30? For one Ramadan? Also, what about those prayers, not before she became Muslim, but those which she prayed when she was Junub?

Thank you.
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 3:15pm

Asslamu Alaikum sister, Before everything I want to welcome you in the IslamiCity Forum. We are happy you are with us. We pray to  Allah to be good sisters in Islam.  

This is for you and your friend

Sister, it is great that you are in Saudi Arabia: Here is the phone number of scholars for Ifta'a. You call it and ask, the scholars will reply. It is a free call. Allah be praised. 8002451000.

Look, even if you do not speak Arabic, they will help you. This one is proved by the government and you will be sure that knowledgeable people are answering your questions. Do not feel shy to ask about any thing. May Allah help you.

May Allah be pleased.Smile

[Unknown] View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Unknown] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 3:45pm
Thank you for your reply and help.
I will try to call this number as soon as I can.
You have been a great help to me and all of my sisters.

I thank you again.

Assalamu Alaikum :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic