IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Petition to Oman Government  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Petition to Oman Government

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petition to Oman Government
    Posted: 10 September 2009 at 7:18pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Dear readers, kindly sign this petition

The Sultanate of Oman is inviting Gujarat CM Mr. Narendra Modi to lead a business delegation (http://www.thaindia n.com/newsportal /business/ narendra- modi-may- lead-business- delegation- to-oman_10024284 3.html) to develop a port in Gujarat.

It is a well-know fact that in February-March 2002, as Chief Minister of Gujarat, Mr. Modi presided over and orchestrated widespread riots in which about 2000 hapless Muslims were massacred and more than 200,000 were rendered homeless. Tens of thousands of displaced Muslims are still unable to return to their homes for the fear of further attacks. The process of justice has been subverted in Gujarat in order to deny justice to the Muslims. There have been many incidences of harassment of Christians and burning of their Churches.

With the well-deserved harvest of global condemnation, Mr. Modi is desperately courting foreign investments and collaboration to mend his image as a progressive in an effort towards a political restitution.

The U.S. and many countries in Europe have banned his entry, by denying him visa.

We want Oman government to reconsider the invitation extended to Mr. Modi, as a mark of respect for humane values enshrined in all religions and the declaration of universal human rights under the UN Charter.

Please sign the petition to Oman government to show your concerns about their invitation to Mr. Modi.  The petition URL is: http://www.petition online.com/ modi2009/ petition. html

Sincerely,

Najid Hussain najidhussain@ yahoo.com,

Mirza A.Beg   mirza.a.beg@ gmail.com

Zafar Iqbal      raabta1@hotmail. com  

Tariq Farooqi   tfarooqi2000@ yahoo.com

Fazal R. Khan fazalr_khan@ hotmail.com

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2009 at 8:55am
I forwarded the petition to my email contacts and also signed it . . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic