IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Islamic Events, Converence & Shows
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Halfdate Donation Drive  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Halfdate Donation Drive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halfdate Donation Drive
    Posted: 23 August 2009 at 9:05am
http://halfdate.com/2009/08/17/my-productive-ramadan-drive/

The prophet (PBUH) said, 'Cure your sick people with Sadaqa (i.e. charity)!' That's why the righteous Muslims used to cure themselves in time of sickness with giving charity! One of the early righteous Muslims whose name is Ar-Rabe'e has been afflicted by Al-Faalig (i.e. Hemophiliac) and was suffering from that disease for sometime. One day his wife grilled him a chicken and baked some fresh bread, which he used to love so much... Resisting the temptation of his favorite dish, he asked her to give the food to one of the poor as a charity, saying 'I would like to give the poor what I love most, that may Allah accept my charity and reward me with what is better than that'. His wife suggested that she would keep the food for him, and instead give some money to the poor which equals the same price of the food. Ar-Rabe'e asked her to bring the money, and when she did, he asked her to put them all together (the money, the grilled chicken and the fresh bread) and give them all to the poor!! This was the attitude of Muslims toward giving charities, while lots of people nowadays spend enormous amounts of money on the doctors and medications neglecting the importance of a charity that might not even make a noticeable difference in their wealth.

Edited by abuayisha - 23 August 2009 at 9:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic