IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Facing Times of Doubt  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Facing Times of Doubt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 6:51pm
Good Afternoon,

I am a Muslim brother who has gone through a rough couple of spiritual months.

I met a non-Muslim girl 4 years ago, and her and I have built a great bond to a point where we began talking marriage, and the possibility of her converting.

She does believe in God, but has a hard time handling the stories of Organized religion (Virigin Birth, Noah's Ark), etc.

Being a born Muslim, I have learnt about those ideas and concepts only through teaching mechanisms that don't provoke thought, but it being 'what we believe in'.

Here I am now trying to answer her questions and being unable myself to revert to any kind of knowledge that makes sense to her, let alone me.

I know for a fact that I am not up to the task of helping her through this process, and if anything, I've realized this last while, I first am in need of help.

A ) Does anybody around here have any kind of advice on helping a fellow Muslim believe again? I found myself doing my prayers last night, and then performing Du'ah for a good half hour, asking God for guidance.

B ) Can anybody direct me to publications or articles that may help my friend and I through this possible conversion process? I found it much easier the idea of converting a person who believes in a previous religion to Islam. However, for one who doesn't follow a religion, this has been an absolute struggle for her and I.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Assalamu Alaikum, brother  coolhitman.  Please help me understand what your saying.  If it is about your friend having questions i can try to be of some help.  I used to be a  christian minister who taught.  I reverted to Islam the True Religion.  There are many questions that she may have about some of the stories that are in the Bible, but keep in mind that it has been changed so many times thru out history and most of the time that creates doubt in one's mind.  But please let me know in detail what it is you would like help with.  Some of the things that i dealt with are the stories and what part in history they happened.  but keep in mind also that the Bible esp the new testament was written by man thru letters....
Please feel free to PM me if she needs the privacy for any questions that i may be of help.  I also have a post in this forum under how i became Muslim called "She took Shahadah"  please read
Zaharah

Edited by Zaharah - 29 August 2009 at 7:00pm
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic