IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HIJAB AS DA'WAH!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HIJAB AS DA'WAH!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaysha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 3:26am
yes seekhidayath...well taken.
Jazak Allah khair
Smile
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Well Sign Reader,We could have a show.. the Muslim Bachelorette.. just no touching! What do you think?? Hayfa
Salams, Hayfa.speaking of TV shows, I read on the muslim media network site that they are looking for Muslimah for the "wife swap" show.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 5:05am
if someone held a gun to a woman's head and said take the scarf off or I will kill you - any reasonable scholar will advice to take it off in such situations. Also see 16:106.

I was thinking, what if the gunman went on to demand her to take off more of her clothes or tries to rape her?..... we have to fight back at some point with all legit means neccessary. Such attacks aint against a piece of cloth but against a person and their identity.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 6:29am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2009 at 8:02am
I was thinking, what if the gunman went on to demand her to take off more of her clothes or tries to rape her?..... we have to fight back at some point with all legit means neccessary. Such attacks aint against a piece of cloth but against a person and their identity.

Saladin, I agree about fighting back but I truly believe it is up to the individual woman.  Some women are SO passive. They are either more naturally less likely to fight back and others are raised to be extremely passive and helpless. How do you say to women fight back if they have always been raised in their lives to 'give in.' And if you add on  that you are not done much physical activity.. like sports.

Having studied this subject for a long time women who ARE perceived by the attacker to be 'more victimlike" are chosen. People who do such harm are not looking for a fight. They want it to be 'easy.'

Some women do submit cause they don't realize or know how to fight back or they view it as the least of the harm.. being beaten, mutilated or killed.

Though most women without training do fight back.. but many don't.

Having been choked myself by a man, its scary.. really scary.. I am blessed with training but I tell you as you cannot breathe.. its not easy.. most women are grabbed or threatened..

The interesting aspect is that women who draw attention to themselves-- in this society.. are inviting trouble. Its like standing out is not really a good thing.. Muslims say sure.. if you dress a certain way, exhibit certain behaviors etc. Well that also goes for women of different cultures or faiths. And in light of the whole current situation women  in full hijab stand out and screams 'woman, probably foreign woman." that can easily attract the wrong type of attention.

Salams, Hayfa.speaking of TV shows, I read on the muslim media network site that they are looking for Muslimah for the "wife swap" show.

dear heavens.. lol

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
ikhwan View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikhwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 6:01am
Asalamualiku,

Thanx for the help sister(seekshidayath). i would like to reply both hayfa and (sign reader)
to hayfa first: i'm not a scholar i'm 22 and studying law but i'm also a student of Islam. i love islam and from the age of 14 till now it is Allah's help through islam that i consider my self safe from the evil which surrounds me, as a muslim i am Allah's servant by defination and i must obey his comands, that is how i get peace in these troubled times. i was 18 when i grew my beard eventhough people resisted that, my younger brother had to go to a foreign country for his studies and my mother told him to trim the beard but he refused because he has faith in Allah.
Sign reader i'm not one of those pakistanis who leave for economic conditions those who do will be answerable to Allah, i can leave this land which is filled with tension but i dont want to but the day my faith is in trouble i i may go to other muslim lands but not the west, i dont know why u put me in the same box as those who leave for economic reasons, i was talking about migration on religious grounds not economic. i study in a secular school but few sisters who have hijab or like i have a beard people do come to ask about islam, once a forein friend of mine came to my house with his christian british wife, fist she seemed nervous but as time went by she asked about islam and i had positive  discussion with them, i also gave them the Quran with the english translation of Abdullah yusuf Ali.
prophet Muhamad (pbuh) said "A believer is a mirror to a believer" a muslim would never want a muslimah to be in danger, honestly i would protect in any way a muslimah sister as i protect my mother or sister, God knows when i heard about Dr Afia i cried, Allah help her.. the discussion was about hijab and dawah by sister Ayesha but we are now just talking about incidents of hatred and violence in US against muslims in US.
Hijab is very good for dawah purposes, i know about alot of Turkish brothers who's daughters and wives are doing great Dawah in US with hijab, see The fountain magazine march-april 2009 issue in www.the lightpublishing.com .  i pray for all muslimah sisters's safety specially in the west, ameen. there are alot of practicing muslims  from the atlantic to the pacific Alhamdullilah, i dont know than why sign reader says there is no Ummah. i have immense respect for sister's with hijab and those with more taqwa than men are more respectable than men in sight of us and specially Allah, men and woman are equal but different and those with taqwa are the best. i hope we stick to the origional topic.....
May Allah guide us....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic