IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - iblis bow to adam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

iblis bow to adam?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jr87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iblis bow to adam?
    Posted: 09 June 2009 at 6:40am
in surah 2, line 34...

I'm confused- why does Iblis..or any of the angels for that matter, have to bow down to Adam.

its not like he was god or anything, just the 1st man.
so why do they bow down to him.
and why does iblis get in so much trouble because of this,
and cast out.

Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 7:20am
salaam to my friend!
   thank you for staying and asking more questions. they are well thought and well meaning. as with your replies.
    i also noiticed you do have some knowledge of the qu'ran in order to ask the things you do. allah knows best how to reveal his word each of us. praise allah for you effort.
    i pasted this from another post that was of the same question.
i hope it helps.

32:9 (Picktall) Then He fashioned him and breathed into him of His spirit; and appointed for you hearing and sight and hearts. Small thanks give ye!

you see adam had within him something nothing in creation contained not even the angels. not even satan himself. that is a piece of gods spirit itself. a piece of god himself  ,a gift to us. ie : Psalm 82: 6. { also note that this is the verse jesus himself uses in the gospel of john to justifiy him being called " the son of god."}

he comanded the angels to bow down because of this and also as a sign of obidence to him{allah}. also bowing is not only a sign of worship it's also a sign of respect and admiration.
love
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 11 June 2009 at 7:37am
love for all conquers all
MorningStar View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorningStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2010 at 10:48am
They don't have to bow down to Adam because he's something.
But it's God's command to the Angels and Jinns to bow down before him.
What's against God's command? If God commands it's the duty of His creation to obey.
lcwil8 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcwil8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 2:50am
Interesting clarification. Thanks
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 4:38pm
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/8492
Al Saadiqeen21 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2013 at 6:08am
Originally posted by jr87 jr87 wrote:

in surah 2, line 34...

I'm confused- why does Iblis..or any of the angels for that matter, have to bow down to Adam.

its not like he was god or anything, just the 1st man.
so why do they bow down to him.
and why does iblis get in so much trouble because of this,
and cast out.

Because Allah told him to DuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhLOLClap
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic