IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wat should one say to it  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wat should one say to it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1583 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wat should one say to it
    Posted: 12 July 2005 at 2:39pm

Assalaamoalikum sisters

Im new to this site and forum too.

I want to know that wat is shirk?I know that to worship any thing other than Allah is shirk.But wat if some 1 says that he belives Allah and islaam and also knows wat is right and wrong.but also gives same respect to a man(he says imam to that man) and says that on the day of judgement that man will be the 1 who will ask Allah to forgive his sins Allah will forgive him .and also he ask that man for every thing in duas.although he reads Quran-e-Kareem but not namaz but he just reads some quranic ayaats thats wat he call his namaz , no fasts atall but call himself a muslim and says that their imam is the 1 who teaches them right or wrong. and he even says that wat he is practising is perfact islaam and is a way to worship Allah.Dont u think it is shirk?plzzz clear me

Rose View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2005 at 7:04pm

Al salam 3alaikom

It is nice to have you in the forum, I am also a bit new here and learning alot. Hope you have a nice stay.

I am sorry I can't help you in your question, but I know that for a person to call himself a "muslim", he should at least construct that title with the five pillars of islam; and to wipe away one pillar is to destruct the title "muslim".

Nevertheless, if any person does not follow the teachings of islam, we could NOT call him/her a kafer (mushrik)as I have read previously in many posts in this forum. As well, we can not tag non muslims as "disbelievers" because they think that they are true believers of whatever faith they adopt. We are all human beings, we all share the same rights and deserve mutual respect.

The fact that they are ignorant regarding the proper teachings of islam makes them harass muslims. We have to be patient and kindly show them what islam and muslims really are about. PEACE.

Salam

A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic