IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Weddings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weddings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 5:58am

AlSalam 3alaikom,

Quote I know women that have married for the wedding more than for the man they are getting married to.  So sad! 

Yes, your right I have met women like that, they get married to the man because of his position at work, the type of car he drives, the cash, the looks,...I could go on and on.

I can't believe some people would sacrifice their lives for something so superficial.

Khadila, I hope you find the pious man. We must be good examples for other people.  Showing what is real, genuine, and honest in the Islam world.

Quote It seems that today, most newlyweds start out with a debt big enough to put a siezable downpayment on a house.  There are countless couples getting divorced in the western world who are still in debt for their wedding.  It's utterly crazy!

This is all happening because we worry what other people gossip. We want to be the center of attraction.

You know, nowadays, everything is expensive and at times you will have to put that extra "dollar". No doubt, money is the first and main source in life, that is why we must spend wisely and for our sake only not for others.

Salam

A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic