IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - black seeds  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

black seeds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 6:37am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

An update on flax seeds: apparently they should not be eaten whole if you wish to gain much benefit from them, they need to be ground.  Whole seeds just pass right through, so the benefit as a fiber still works!  When grinding flax seeds, one should not generate too much heat (like when using a mortor and pestal) as the heat can cause the seed to go rancid quickly!  Keep your ground seeds in the fridge.

Peace, ummziba

Assalaamualaikum sister,

Jazakallahkhair for the info!

Wassalaam.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
mariam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2006 at 9:05pm
Asalam alykum..sisters..

Only last week I was reading about black seed oil�how wonderful to read this topic..

Me and my husband have been trying for kids. Unable to conceive due to low sperm count a friend of my husbands recommended black seed oil�I pray everyday that it will work..

Thank you for the beautiful posts�
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 12:49am

salaams

after reading these posts i went out looking for these black seeds. i was advised buy this man that they are called "KULUNGI" seeds. he further told me that thy are very good and that the Prophet SAW used to have these seeds every morning.

i bought the seeds. they dont taste very nice. they are black n vey tiny. even tinier than a grain of rice. im not sure if these are the same seeds that were spoken of here. the ones that i bought have a bit of a chilli taste n i dont think that can be used in baking

not sure if anyone knows of or has heard of KULUNGI SEEDS. as for flaxseeds, i dont know what that is, or whether we have it here in South Africa

najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 1:01am

Kalungi is the indian name for blackseed. Balckseed is used in baking as a sprinkle atop the bread.

Flaxseed is Alsi.

NS

najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 1:06am

Originally posted by mariam mariam wrote:

Asalam alykum..sisters..

Only last week I was reading about black seed oil�how wonderful to read this topic..

Me and my husband have been trying for kids. Unable to conceive due to low sperm count a friend of my husbands recommended black seed oil�I pray everyday that it will work..

Thank you for the beautiful posts�

Dear Mariam,

If you can, get a hold of this book. Prescription for Nutritional Healing, it has properties of various foods and vitamins and the comditions they help for.

I know someone who had some sperm condition and he took something from GNC that was advised in the book. Alhamdulillah they are pregnant now and their doctor was surprised too.

I also have a email that I can forward to you about a honey and cinnamon therapy, nothing special, just eat the honey and cinnamon, different ways for different things. It has something for fertility too.If you have a non-personal email, pm it to me.

And remember, If Allah Wills, you will soon have baby

-NS

mariam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 3:45am
Asalam Najma ,

thank you for the advice how wonderful to hear such wonderful story abt the somone you know...

Inshallah oneday i can have my own kids.

thank you sis

mariam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic