IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whats your favorite Surah?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats your favorite Surah?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats your favorite Surah?
    Posted: 26 March 2009 at 7:01am
As Salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu. Brothers and Siters, I would like to know if it is first permissible to ask whats is you're favorite Surah to recite after Al Fatihah, during your daily Salat?

May Allah forgive me if Im asking something that I should'nt. Myself I like to recite Surah 112 Al Ihklas, It seems to fit in perfectly,I use to say it in English before knowing it in Arabic.

To me it is kind of easy to memorize because it is a short verse. Alhamduillah (I thank Allah for giving us this devine Book of Knowledge in which He revealed to Prophet Muhammed (Saw). Trully it is one of a kind. 

Edited by icforumadmin - 26 March 2009 at 2:57pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 12:35pm

Wa'alaikum Salaam Akhe,

I also like to recite Surah Ikhlaas. . . it basically sums up Islam in a few verses.

I also like Surah Alaq - because I like 'reciting' it (get what I mean?). Surah Rahman also used to be a Surah I would recite - its very easy to learn, and is again 'nice to recite' - i.e. sounds eloquent to me. I would sometimes just recite a few verses from it.

By the way Akhe, you can also recite few verses from the larger suraahs (you probably already know this - just incase you didnt) if you remember them. Minimum verses should be 3 - because those are the ayaat of the shortest suraah.  

I also usually recite the last 10 Surahs : Surah Lahab, Kafiroon, Falaq, Nasr, Kuthar etc. . . mostly because they are short, concise - and if I may say so 'easy' to remember!

Edited by Chrysalis - 03 May 2009 at 12:36pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
savant View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 7:29pm
surah muluk
surah waqia
Never Give up
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 9:29pm
Salaam...

Surah TaHa
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 1:15pm
As Salamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters,Jazakallah Kheiran for your replies,Forgive me for the late response Shukran for the reminder Chrysalis,May Allah Bless you All and your families.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic