IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Not necessarily domestic violence  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not necessarily domestic violence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Bush was agaisnt embryonic stem cell research not adult stem cell research.

"scientific decisions based on facts, not ideology." -
no cures or treatnments have come from embryonic stem cell research.

In Islam himosexuality is not allowed.  Isn't ihomosexuality punished for religious reasons?  I know in Iran thousands have been executed for being gay.  I'm not sure what your point is here.

"We believe life begins at the moment of conception," said USCCB spokesperson Sr. Mary Ann Walsh. "Stem-cell research involves the taking of a human life."

So you feel the peoples belief of these people should be tossed aside- and their tax money used to kill what they believe to be human life?

You really don't get the point? Let me spell it out for you. Does this post look familiar:

"My point for this post:
But attempts to introduce harsher sentences have been blocked in Jordan's parliament, where the predominantly conservative Bedouin legislators argue that tougher penalties would lead to adultery."

to which I stated:

"Yes, much the same as laws regarding stem cell research, same sex marriage, and sex education were blocked and are being blocked by the conservative Republicans in the U.S. who think that such laws would/will lead to fetuses being killed, the end of civilization as we know it, and rampant teen sex...... in that order."  

Do you get the point now?

"So you feel the peoples belief of these people should be tossed aside- and their tax money used to kill what they believe to be human life?"

I'm not sure I understand your point? Are you saying it's o.k. for the secular government of the United States to pass laws based on religious doctrine because the taxpayers, or at least some of them, hold a particular belief, and the secular government should bend to their will, but when that occurs in say, Jordan, then it's an Islamic government showing bias?  

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 03 May 2009 at 12:05am
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 10:02am
I'm not sure I understand your point? Are you saying it's o.k. for the secular government of the United States to pass laws based on religious doctrine because the taxpayers, or at least some of them, hold a particular belief, and the secular government should bend to their will, but when that occurs in say, Jordan, then it's an Islamic government showing bias?  

I think these are 2 separate issues.  One is murder of an adult person and the use of honor killings allowing for lesser penalties for the murderer.

No taxpayer funds are being used to kill the honor killing victim.

Stem cell research is using money from taxpayers to do the killing. 

There are laws against murder even in secular governments-  When does life start?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

I think these are 2 separate issues.  One is murder of an adult person and the use of honor killings allowing for lesser penalties for the murderer.

No taxpayer funds are being used to kill the honor killing victim.

Stem cell research is using money from taxpayers to do the killing. 

There are laws against murder even in secular governments-  When does life start?

It doesn't matter what the issues are, the point is that religious views are resulting in laws being passed in both countries. 

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 07 May 2009 at 3:31pm
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic