IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage/Divorce  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage/Divorce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inquisitive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage/Divorce
    Posted: 19 March 2009 at 5:58pm
Salaam

a man pronounces proceeds to get a legal divorce, but has no intention of divorcing his wife islamically. their imam informs him that although it wasn't his intention, he did in fact, inadvertently initiate a talaq. is that sound?

the man and wife later encounter many issues in their marriage and decide to call it quits. a talaq is finally pronounced by the husband and the two part ways. the woman remarries another, and that relationship ends in divorce. the first husband wants to resume a relationship with her.

will they still have one strike left or will they start anew?

I hope someone can shed some light on this quickly.

Thanks

Wa Salaam
savant View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 10:32pm
confused:

Quote a talaq is finally pronounced by the husband and the two part ways
mean all three talaqas are given by husband.

Quote The woman remarries another, and that relationship ends in divorce
mean definately woman re-marries after 3 talaqas and consuming iddat(around 4 months)

Quote the first husband wants to resume a relationship with her
which relationship, they are already apart; if iam not wrong.

Quote Will they still have one strike left or will they start anew?
which strike; nothing left, if all my above perceptions are correct.

Edited by savant - 19 March 2009 at 10:33pm
Never Give up
inquisitive View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inquisitive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 4:36am
Savant, thank you for the attempt, but that doesn't answer my question.
The first husband never said 3 talaqs. He in inadvertently initiated one, and later on actually said to his wife "i divorce you".  the wife went through the iddat, thereafter there was no reconcilement. The wife later remarried and unfortunately, that relationship also ended in divorce. NOW, the first husband would like to marry her again.

If they remarry, will they have one strike (talaq) left, or will they start anew (clean slate)?

Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 12:19pm
I think it'll be a fresh start [Allah knows best] but why would any right thinking woman even think of remarrying such a guy (one who's concerned about how many talaqs he's got left)? Playing around with the Words of God and the life of a woman....... STRIKE OUT!

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by inquisitive inquisitive wrote:

Savant, thank you for the attempt, but that doesn't answer my question.
The first husband never said 3 talaqs. He in inadvertently initiated one, and later on actually said to his wife "i divorce you".  the wife went through the iddat, thereafter there was no reconcilement. The wife later remarried and unfortunately, that relationship also ended in divorce. NOW, the first husband would like to marry her again.

If they remarry, will they have one strike (talaq) left, or will they start anew (clean slate)?

To the best of my knowledge, when she completed the period of Iddat and her husband did not take her back, she was free to marry another. At this point the marriage with the first husband was completely dissolved.

If the second husband divorces her, after they had consumated their marriage, and she completes her period of iddat, she is again free to marry anyone, including her first husband.
At this point, when she enters into a new wedlock they have 3 strikes not 1 Smile

And Allah knows best.

Just adding one comment. Muslims should strive not to have disposable marriages. It is unhealthy for the society and the soul!

Edited by Nausheen - 23 March 2009 at 9:53pm
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic