IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wanting to Become Muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanting to Become Muslim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christine123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 11:04am
Salaam Hayfa,

No worries! I have been happily married for almost 12 years now.

Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 12:19am

Dear Christine,

Welcome to the embrace of Allah Most Compassionate and Most Merciful.

All of us were born not knowing how to walk.  First we learnt how to crawl, then sit, then stand and slowly walk. So are you,  being new to Islam.

One of the obstacles for a new Muslim is the family. Some are lucky that ther family are supportive while some are not.

As to your grandmother, perhaps you can advise her gently of why you are embracing Islam. Tell her that you are worshipping the God who is most worthy of worship. The God that created the whole universe, the God that created Adam, Abraham, Moses Jesus and Muhammad. The God that created the brightest of the stars, the furthest of the planets, the deepest of the oceans and the tiniest of an atom.

The God who is Most Merciful, Most Forgiving, Most Just, All-Hearing and All Seeing. It would be wise if you can quote the 99 names of Allah like Allah the Preserver, Allah The Shaper, Allah the Nourisher and many others that you can find it here  http://www.sufism.org/society/asma/.

And Muhammad was just a messenger, a guide to the straight path, the best example of a human being.

May Allah shower His blessings - Rahmah and Hidayah to you and your family.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
christine123 View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christine123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 11:39am
Thank you, Nur_Ilahi.

I was starting to feel overwhelmed by everything (I go through these moments of "Can I really do this?!"), so I read your comments with great joy. Thank you for your reassurance!

The Sufism link was really interesting, as was the whole site. I signed up for their course so I can learn more.

Peace,
C
christine123 View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christine123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Asalam Alaikum Christine,

You can even do your Shahada through Islamicity.

How do I do that?
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Oh, if you are not married, and people 'push' you to marry.. really do be careful. People think you MUST be married which is not the case. Yes recommeded but as long as you are not foolig around. .it is not a big deal.

Wholeheartedly joining Hayfa in this caution Smile
People think one of the ways to help reverts is to push them into marriage.

Heard from a scholar and Marriage counscler that new muslims should first get used to their new life as a muslim before choosing a life partner. The person you want to choose today might not be the same who would want to choose 4 years down the road since everyone's adherence to the deen is different.

Dear Christine, if you are looking for knowledge on Islam, two trusworthy sources are: http://www.SunniPath.com and http://seekersguidance.com/site/index.php

If you like, there are excellent classes on spirituality at SunniPath Academic curriculum.

May Allah bestow His choicest blessings on you, May He be your guide, and may He make your path easy, ameen.

Not sure how to take Shahada at IC. Alternatively, if you want to take your shahada with a SunniPath scholar, will be happy to get you in touch.

If you need anything, please feel free to page me.

Edited by Nausheen - 23 March 2009 at 9:09pm
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic