IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Correct Translation And Tafseer of Sura Falak???  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Translation And Tafseer of Sura Falak???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote |2 e e |\| u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Translation And Tafseer of Sura Falak???
    Posted: 06 March 2009 at 12:52pm
I have read Sura Falak so many times along with its Translation and commentery...But I am so confused in its commentary...
Can Anyone please explain it to me with relevent Aahadis aswell? i will be very thankful.
May ALLAH ALMIGHTY Bless all of Us.
savant View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 10:36am

The Position of Ibn Mas`ud concerning Al-Mu`awwidhatayn Imam Ahmad recorded from Zirr bin Hubaysh that Ubayy bin Ka`b told him that Ibn Mas`ud did not record the Mu`awwidhatayn in his Mushaf (copy of the Qur'an). So Ubayy said, "I testify that the Messenger of Allah informed me that Jibril said to him,

[قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ الْفَلَقِ ]

(Say: "I seek refuge with the Lord of Al-Falaq.'')(113:1) So he said it. And Jibril said to him,

[قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ ]

(Say: "I seek refuge with the Lord of mankind.'') (114:1) So he said it. Therefore, we say what the Prophet said.''

The Virtues of Surahs Al-Falaq and An-Nas

In his Sahih, Muslim recorded on the authority of `Uqbah bin `Amir that the Messenger of Allah said,

�أَلَمْ تَرَ آيَاتٍ أُنْزِلَتْ هَذِهِ اللَّيْلَةَ لَمْ يُرَ مِثْلُهُنَّ قَطُّ:

(Do you not see that there have been Ayat revealed to me tonight the like of which has not been seen before) They are

[قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ الْفَلَقِ ]�

(Say: "I seek refuge with, the Lord of Al-Falaq.'')(113:1) and;

[قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ ]

(Say: "I seek refuge with the Lord of mankind.'') (114:1)) This Hadith was recorded by Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa'i. At-Tirmidhi said, "Hasan Sahih.''

Never Give up
savant View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 10:40am

Another Narration

An-Nasa'i recorded that `Uqbah bin `Amir said, "I was walking with the Messenger of Allah when he said,

�يَا عُقْبَةُ قُلْ�

(O `Uqbah! Say!) I replied, `What should I say' So he was silent and did not respond to me. Then he said,

�قُلْ�

(Say!) I replied, `What should I say, O Messenger of Allah' He said,

�[قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ الْفَلَقِ ]�

(Say: "I seek refuge with the Lord of Al-Falaq.'') So, I recited it until I reached its end. Then he said,

�قُلْ�

(Say!) I replied, `What should I say O Messenger of Allah' He said,

�[قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ ]�

(Say: "I seek refuge with the Lord of mankind.'') So, I recited it until I reached its end. Then the Messenger of Allah said,

�مَا سَأَلَ سَائِلٌ بِمِثْلِهَا، وَلَا اسْتَعَاذَ مُسْتَعِيذٌ بِمِثْلِهَا�

(No person beseeches with anything like these, and no person seeks refuge with anything like these.)''

Never Give up
savant View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 10:47am

for URDU

-------------------------------------------------------------------- 

(In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

[قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبّ الْفَلَقِ- مِن شَرّ مَا خَلَقَ- وَمِن شَرّ غَاسِقٍ إِذَا وَقَبَ- وَمِن شَرّ النَّفَّـثَـتِ فِى الْعُقَدِ- وَمِن شَرّ حَاسِدٍ إِذَا حَسَدَ-]

(1. Say: "I seek refuge with the Lord of Al-Falaq,'') (2. "From the evil of what He has created,'') (3. "And from the evil of the Ghasiq when Waqab,'') (4. "And from the evil of the blowers in knots,'') (5. "And from the evil of the envier when he envies.'') Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that Jabir said, "Al-Falaq is the morning.'' Al-`Awfi reported from Ibn `Abbas, "Al-Falaq is the morning.'' The same has been reported from Mujahid, Sa`id bin Jubayr, `Abdullah bin Muhammad bin `Aqil, Al-Hasan, Qatadah, Muhammad bin Ka`b Al-Qurazi and Ibn Zayd. Malik also reported a similar statement from Zayd bin Aslam. Al-Qurazi, Ibn Zayd and Ibn Jarir all said, "This is like Allah's saying,

[فَالِقُ الإِصْبَاحِ]

(He is the Cleaver of the daybreak.).'' (6:96) Allah said,

[مِن شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ ]

(From the evil of what He has created,) This means from the evil of all created things. Thabit Al-Bunani and Al-Hasan Al-Basri both said, "Hell, Iblis and his progeny, from among that which He (Allah) created.''

[وَمِن شَرِّ غَاسِقٍ إِذَا وَقَبَ ]

(And from the evil of the Ghasiq when Waqab,) Mujahid said, "Ghasiq is the night, and `when it Waqab' refers to the setting of the sun.'' Al-Bukhari mentioned this from him. Ibn Abi Najih also reported a similar narration from him (Mujahid).

The same was said by Ibn `Abbas, Muhammad bin Ka`b Al-Qurazi, Ad-Dahhak, Khusayf, Al-Hasan and Qatadah. They said, "Verily, it is the night when it advances with its darkness.'' Az-Zuhri said,

(And from the evil of the Ghasiq when Waqab,) "This means the sun when it sets.'' Abu Al-Muhazzim reported that Abu Hurayrah said,

(And from the evil of the Ghasiq when Waqab, ) "This means the star.'' Ibn Zayd said, "The Arabs used to say, `Al-Ghasiq is the declination (of the position) of the heavenly body known as Pleiades. The number of those who were ill and stricken with plague would increase whenever it would decline, and their number would lessen whenever it rose.'''

Ibn Jarir said, "Others have said that it is the moon.''

The support for the people who hold this position (that it means the moon) is a narration that Imam Ahmad recorded from Al-Harith bin Abi Salamah. He said that `A'ishah said, "The Messenger of Allah took me by my hand and showed me the moon when it rose, and he said,

�تَعَوَّذِي بِاللهِ مِنْ شَرِّ هَذَا الْغَاسِقِ إِذَا وَقَبَ�

(Seek refuge with Allah from the evil of this Ghasiq when it becomes dark.)'' At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa'i both recorded this Hadith in their Books of Tafsir in their Sunans. Allah said,

[وَمِن شَرِّ النَّفَّـثَـتِ فِى الْعُقَدِ ]

(And from the evil of the blowers in knots,) Mujahid, `Ikrimah, Al-Hasan, Qatadah and Ad-Dahhak all said, "This means the witches.'' Mujahid said, "When they perform their spells and blow into the knots.''

In another Hadith it has been reported that Jibril came to the Prophet and said, "Are you suffering from any ailment, O Muhammad'' The Prophet replied,

�نَعَمْ�

(Yes.) So Jibril said, "In the Name of Allah, I recite prayer (Ruqyah) over you, from every illness that harms you, from the evil of every envious person and evil eye. May Allah cure you.''

Never Give up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic