IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WHY? Do not point to others!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHY? Do not point to others!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edie09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHY? Do not point to others!!
    Posted: 04 March 2009 at 8:00pm
Dear Human, sons of Adam, creature of Kind God,

Did Islam teach this kind of slaughter?? Truly, i never find such God's order(to exterminate God's notorious enemies of Israel) in Old Testament, even Jesus told his followers to love our enemy (Lev 19:18, Matthew 5:44, Mark 12:31, Luke 6:27,35, Gal 5:14, full of as God said in Bible, that resentment is God's own right.

I was born in Indonesia, the most populous moeslem country in the world, & i had intent to convert to Islam when i couldn't find peace & need 'someone' who has unlimited power = GOD. Which God? The Only TRUE, GOD, Jehovah, & his 'son', Jesus (John 17:3).

Edited by icforumadmin - 04 March 2009 at 8:28pm
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 8:36pm
Peace,

I think Indonesia is the most tolerant country to religion. No minority religion has national holiday for their religious holiday in any other country even in America or Europe that they call themselves the champion of tolerance and democracy. Indonesia has Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity holidays as national holidays.

Even though Christians are only about 8.9%, Christianity holidays there are not only Christmas that become national holidays but Good Friday (Jesus was die) and Easter (Jesus was resurrected) too, so total 3 days. If we include new year, that is based on Christian tradition become 4 days. 

Muslims that over 86% of the polpulation have 4 national holidays, including Islamic New Year.

Edited by semar - 04 March 2009 at 9:07pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by edie09 edie09 wrote:

Did Islam teach this kind of slaughter?? Truly, i never find such God's order(to exterminate God's notorious enemies of Israel) in Old Testament, even Jesus told his followers to love our enemy (Lev 19:18, Matthew 5:44, Mark 12:31, Luke 6:27,35, Gal 5:14, full of as God said in Bible, that resentment is God's own right.

I was born in Indonesia, the most populous moeslem country in the world, & i had intent to convert to Islam when i couldn't find peace & need 'someone' who has unlimited power = GOD. Which God? The Only TRUE, GOD, Jehovah, & his 'son', Jesus (John 17:3).

As The Bible says:-

Isaiah 54:13-15
And all your sons will be persons taught by Jehovah, and the peace of your sons will be abundant. 14 You will prove to be firmly established in righteousness itself. You will be far away from oppression�for you will fear none�and from anything terrifying, for it will not come near you. 15 If anyone should at all make an attack, it will not be at my orders. Whoever is making an attack upon you will fall even on account of you."
_ALI_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ALI_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 5:50am
Salam edie09

What kind of slaughter? Your post is not very clear. And in Islam, a human life is revered

005.032 مِنْ أَجْلِ ذَلِكَ كَتَبْنَا عَلَى بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ أَنَّهُ مَنْ قَتَلَ نَفْسًا بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَادٍ فِي الأرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعًا وَمَنْ أَحْيَاهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعًا وَلَقَدْ جَاءَتْهُمْ رُسُلُنَا بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ ثُمَّ إِنَّ كَثِيرًا مِنْهُمْ بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ فِي الأرْضِ لَمُسْرِفُونَ
005.032 On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.
Al-Qur'an, 005.032 (Al-Maeda [The Table, The Table Spread])
Text Copied from DivineIslam's Qur'an Viewer software v2.910
May I ask why your intent to convert to Islam changed? And John 17:3 states
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
That is exactly the Islamic perspective. Jesus Christ was not God, he was sent by God
Peace
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by edie09 edie09 wrote:

Hi Edie,
welcome, I am still trying to figure out what you exactly intended by your post.

You said: "Did Islam teach this kind of slaughter?? Truly, i never find such God's order(to exterminate God's notorious enemies of Israel) in Old Testament, even Jesus told his followers to love our enemy.."

First I do not know which slaughter you are refering to? can you be more specific? 
As far as God's order, God never taught to killing unless be by the way of justice, as for those who kill or cause mischief in the land. As far as your ability to not to find a verse in the OT regarding slaughter, I will say that you have not read the whole OT then yet. Here is one to add to your knowledge: 1 Samuel 15:3 "Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them, put to death men, women, children, infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys."

Here is another one: Exodus 32:27
"....Go back and forth through the camp from one side to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor."

I don't believe God will command such unjust slaughter, but these quotes are assciated with the word of God (OT).

As far as Islam, no Islam does not teach such slaughter, God command justice in the Quran.

As far as finding peace my friend, that only comes when you surrender to your maker only and humble yourself in front of Him. When your only aim is to please yuor maker. When you believe that everything you say, intend and do is recorded for a day when it will be made public and only though accountability you will recieve your just recompense. As for those who do not recognize and  acknowledge their maker, our maker will do the same with them that day, so they will not recieve His forgiveness, a special previlage on those who recongnize, acknowledge and serve Him will have. 
One more thing that is important here to mention that everything and everyone other than our maker or God is not created, and thus only serves Him who made them, God, and is under His control and domain. God does not have a wife, nor a son, nor a father. God is not like us to have children or parents because He is God, as I said rest is simply and truthfully His creation.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 21 April 2009 at 4:28pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 10:08am
A poster said:

even in America or Europe that they call themselves the champion of tolerance and democracy. Indonesia has Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity holidays as national holidays.

I disagree. Just because a country allows the celebration of those holidays doesn't make them tolerant.

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

A poster said:

even in America or Europe that they call themselves the champion of tolerance and democracy. Indonesia has Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity holidays as national holidays.

I disagree. Just because a country allows the celebration of those holidays doesn't make them tolerant.

Not completely tolerant - but it is a sign of tolerance, one of the ways you show it.

Btw just adding, Malaysia has national public holidays for other religous festivals too. So does Sri Lanka. . .
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic