IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Info about shalat (prayer)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Info about shalat (prayer)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Info about shalat (prayer)
    Posted: 05 February 2009 at 4:04pm
Many new muslims inquire about shalat (prayer). We collected some info about it, hopefully will be useful.

1. What is shalat (prayer in Islam)?

3. Flyer About Prayer

4. Prayer Times (Prayer Schedules)

5. Books About Prayer

8. Shalat Fajr (Dawn) Prayer In Prophet Mosque in Madinah

Edited by icforumadmin - 26 May 2010 at 10:22am
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 2:03pm
Salaam
I see a typo here! It should Salat and not Shalat!
Please fix it, would you?
Thanks

Edited by Sign*Reader - 10 August 2010 at 2:04pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 8:16am
As Salamu Alaikum

I found this site to be very helpful, esp to the sisters-in-Islam. It teaches as how to perform salah

http://www.themuslimwoman.com/chooseyourpath/basicguidetoprayer/firstrakah.htm

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Abdul Shakur View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abdul Shakur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 11:04pm
Greetings...As-Salaamu Alaikum:  My given name is Robert, but my Muslim name is Abdul Shakur.  I've been Muslim since 1974....however, I've strayed off the path and have recently returned to my heart's desire: the deen of Al-Islam.  I renewed my shahadatain just a couple of days ago.  Since then, peace has returned to my heart and to my life.  Salat is truly a dear covering, bringing Allah's (swt) own Peace, and protecting us from shaitan's fiery darts.  Through all my years of wandering from church to church, I never found the True Peace that only comes from Allah (swt) Himself.  I have been an avid student of theology for all these years, and Allah (swt) has brought me full circle: back to His Way of Life: Al-Islam.  I just wanted to share with you blessed brothers and sisters my own blessing, in that my heart is fully satisfied, clean, and joyful, now that I've returned to the True Path.  All Praise & Glory be to Allah (swt).  As-Salaamu Alaikum. 
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 7:56am

Allahu Akbar!

Welcome to the discussion forums of Islamicity, bro. Thanks for the sharing.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic