IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Self-pronouncing Red-letter edition.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Self-pronouncing Red-letter edition.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Self-pronouncing Red-letter edition.
    Posted: 06 January 2009 at 10:34am
Assalamu alaikum.

Although unexplained in the Bibles I pocessed, I understood the Red-letter edition of the Bible as in my KJ version 1987 to refer to the actual sayings of Prophet Isa the son of Maryam. In another KJ version of the Bible this is represented by Jesus or I said. The total Red lettering in my Bible is 1847: Matthew 597; Mark 299; Luke528; John 420 and only 3 in Acts.
Matthew 26: 57-63, in Black lettering described how the Chief Priests and the whole council questioned Jesus becuse they wanted him to be put to death. No one could be found although many did come and tell lies. Two men came forward and said, "This man claimed that he would tear down God's temple and build it up again in three days". The high priest (name witheld) stood up and demanded Prophet Isa the son of Maryam to defend himself saying, "With the living God looking on, you must tell the truth. Tell us are you the Messiah, the Son of God?" Matthew 26:64 in self-pronouncing Red lettering , Jesus said unto them, "Thou hath said.Nevertheless I say unto, hereafter shall ye see THE SON OF MAN SITTING ON THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, AND COMING IN THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN".
Matthew 26:65 in Black lettering; Then the high priest rent his clothes saying, He has spoken blasphemy, what further need have we of witnesses? Behold, now you have heard his blasphemy.
In Mark 14: 53-65; there is more details. There was no consensus from those who lied against Jesus the son of Maryam.
In Luke 22:54-55, 66-71, Peter was described as a hypocrite. Jesus was beaten and rediculed.
In John 18:12-18, 25-27. Here Jesus defended himself about his preaching and called them to ask thsoe presnt about his teeaching . He was hit by a policeman. The name of the high priest was Caiaphas. Annas was propbaly one of the policeman. John did not give the story of Jesus being the son of God.
Now, what can a sensible man, wise and intelligent infer from here?
Friendship. 

robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.

Although unexplained in the Bibles I pocessed, I understood the Red-letter edition of the Bible as in my KJ version 1987 to refer to the actual sayings of Prophet Isa the son of Maryam. In another KJ version of the Bible this is represented by Jesus or I said. The total Red lettering in my Bible is 1847: Matthew 597; Mark 299; Luke528; John 420 and only 3 in Acts.
Matthew 26: 57-63, in Black lettering described how the Chief Priests and the whole council questioned Jesus becuse they wanted him to be put to death. No one could be found although many did come and tell lies. Two men came forward and said, "This man claimed that he would tear down God's temple and build it up again in three days". The high priest (name witheld) stood up and demanded Prophet Isa the son of Maryam to defend himself saying, "With the living God looking on, you must tell the truth. Tell us are you the Messiah, the Son of God?" Matthew 26:64 in self-pronouncing Red lettering , Jesus said unto them, "Thou hath said.Nevertheless I say unto, hereafter shall ye see THE SON OF MAN SITTING ON THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, AND COMING IN THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN".
Matthew 26:65 in Black lettering; Then the high priest rent his clothes saying, He has spoken blasphemy, what further need have we of witnesses? Behold, now you have heard his blasphemy.
In Mark 14: 53-65; there is more details. There was no consensus from those who lied against Jesus the son of Maryam.
In Luke 22:54-55, 66-71, Peter was described as a hypocrite. Jesus was beaten and rediculed.
In John 18:12-18, 25-27. Here Jesus defended himself about his preaching and called them to ask thsoe presnt about his teeaching . He was hit by a policeman. The name of the high priest was Caiaphas. Annas was propbaly one of the policeman. John did not give the story of Jesus being the son of God.
Now, what can a sensible man, wise and intelligent infer from here?
Friendship. 

John recorded that Jesus was The Son of God:-

John 1:34
And I have seen [it], and I have borne witness that this one is the Son of God."

John 1:49-51
Na�than�a�el answered him: "Rabbi, you are the Son of God, you are King of Israel." 50 Jesus in answer said to him: "Because I told you I saw you underneath the fig tree do you believe? You will see things greater than these." 51 He further said to him: "Most truly I say to YOU men, YOU will see heaven opened up and the angels of God ascending and descending to the Son of man."

John 3:18
He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

John 5:25-27
"Most truly I say to YOU, The hour is coming, and it is now, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who have given heed will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to do judging, because Son of man he is.

John 11:4)
B.ut when Jesus heard it he said: "This sickness is not with death as its object, but is for the glory of God, in order that the Son of God may be glorified through it."

John 11:27
She said to him: "Yes, Lord; I have believed that you are the Christ the Son of God, the One coming into the world."

John 20:30-31
To be sure, Jesus performed many other signs also before the disciples, which are not written down in this scroll. 31 But these have been written down that YOU may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and that, because of believing, YOU may have life by means of his name.

Edited by robin - 12 March 2009 at 7:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic