IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Al ţu‘nu fī ansāb  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Al ţu�nu fī ansāb - Event Date: 11 October 2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Al ţu�nu fī ansāb
    Posted: 11 October 2008 at 1:56pm

Assalamu alaikum.

(Note. The Topic is; Al� ţu'nu fī ansāb).
                             Programme of Dr Iyad with Ashmawi.

I was watching Iqra� �Arab Satellite TV today at around 8.30 GMT when Dr. Ashmawi quoted Muhammad Rasulullah saying, �The one who exhibits the following characteristics is a Kafir: "Al ţu�nu fī ansāb� (probably meaning pride of one�s ancestors). They did not discuss the Ahaadith

There are some Muslims who are so concerned with the lineage of Hassan and Hussein the grand children of Muhammad Rasulullah that they considered them as Ma�sum (sinless).  They quoted Ahaadith of the holy Prophet supporting their argument. I have no objection to that but I consider them as Ishaara Ahaadith, since they were dealt with injustly (killed without any reason). Any Muslim whose blood is shed without a just cause is a Ma'sum. Nobody can challenge such Ahaadith for the one that lived to witness them. Could It be possible for Hassan or Hussein to be proud of their lineage at the expense of what is allowed in Islam? For example, it was said that when Ali bin Ali Talib was faced with rebellion in fighting injustice, he called the Quraysh to participate in that on the basis of Fuduul Confideracy. Even the holy Prophet mentioned sticking to the Fuduul Confideracy. When the holy Prophet traced his lineage from both his parents to Prophet Ibrahim he said in the end, �This is not pride!� Yes, it was said that when Hussein was returning to Madina from Iraq, he was asked where he was heading to. He replied, �To my shii�a�. Did he use the word in the sense some Muslims are using it today?

Friendship.

Edited by Friendship - 11 October 2008 at 2:21pm
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 9:50am
jazakallah....can u please tell me the source of the information u gave in the last part of ure post....

well there are many hadith wich say a lot about fadhaail(merits) of Ahle Bayt ....but still (i dont wanna be rude) there are many people who think they were not on "HAQ" wen a war was waged on them...
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 12:24pm
Assalamu alaikum.

I am one of those who loved the Ahl bayt beyond measure, because their history was full of pity and sorrow. The element of hypocrisy is underestimated in the Muslim Umma. Why should Hassan be killed while he agreed to go back to Madina. Look at the way Zaynal Abidiina was treacheously deceived and left alone with only 60 combatants? They were heroes definitely because they stood by the truth. Look at the excuse Imam Malik gave. It is difficult for one to judge. So the best thing is for one to understand the Sunna and stick to it. You will not believe that my life was threatened, and I was deserted in the manner Ali and his children were deserted when it came to standing by Muhammad Rasulullah. Remember they stood by the first Pillar of Islam and Iman- the Khalifate! However, whatever happened was not in their homeland and birth place, but somewhere else! I think I read it in the history of the Arabs by Phillips K.  Hitti or in Alim CD.
Friendship.

asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 2:58pm
wa'alikumassalam
thnx for the reference bro...
from ure post i have realized that u have suffered a lot on ure path...
i hope i am not getting very personal, can i knw wat happend that risked ure life??

i wud also like to knw wat excuse did imam malik give of the above events...
thanking u..
regards
asda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic