IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quran alone  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuran alone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 1:19pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Just curious Noah, how do you pray, and fast and calculate your Zakat etc.

Take care

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Noah View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 1:44am
wa aleykum salam wr wb

I pray the same way most muslims pray. you see, there is nothing wrong with using the kind of prayer associated with your culture. its the prayer, the establishing of link to God that is important, and that its at certain times, as outlined in Quran. I would never translate sol'aat into ritual prayer, because it isnt. Its establishing link/connection/contact. The ritual itself is not important. Besides there are several clue in Quran as how others did THEIR ritual, in the storys of the prophets. In Abrahams case we can learn that he stood up in the beginning of his sol'aat. we learn that another prophet was sitting on his knees in sol'aat when people spoke to him, and asked if his sol'aat prevents them from using their money a they please. Why would they ask him if his sol'aat forbids them to spend their money, if sol'aat is ritual prayer?
So in short, naturally im using the prayer im familar with, as would anyone, and as did the arabs at the time of mohammad. bowing and prostrating was in no way unique to the moslems, they just refused to do it to stones and carvings.

Think about it, isnt it funny that something God puts this much emphasis on isnt better explained in his "book that has ALL details" "contains all things" etc.. If it isnt because we have to look at purpose of the action (use reason), and that the purpose is what is important, not the shape of it, and then as Islam is for all mankind, all times, and all cultures. People can take this perfect system and implement into their own, without converting to arabs. Islam is genious, its a shame that people insist on limiting it like it is being done.

Faste is to be in the schorching month, and as the Quran clearly states that the year is a full solar/lunar 365 day year, i think we are doing it wrong atm. And at the wrong time. However. Islam is about unity, so i fast with all my sunni and shiah freinds when the normal ramadan is there. I would however argue that it should be somewhere in june, where its the hottest. or schorching ,sp i usually take some 10 days in a row there aswell...Again we need to see the puporse of what we are doing, and not just turn things into numb minded rituals.

Calculate my zakat. we dont have the same understanding of what zakat is i think. Somewhere down the line zadaquat was converted into meaning zakat in the minds of people. Zakat is purifying, and the word is used very broad in Quran. How can i calculate purifying? I can however do as Quran tells me, and give out of what i have in excess, or what i do not NEED myself. its not hard at all. If i walk down the street and someone stops me and asks for food, and i know that i have more money than i need, i would wrong my soul by not giving him food. I have implementet this thinking into my life, and at the end of the day, im giving out way more than 2.5% on a yearly basis. However, i never miss the money, as they where in excess anyway.
This way i know what the money is used for, and that they are used as intended, not to finance military or rogue groups.

Salaam

Edited by Noah
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 11:39am
Oh, what happened to the bro SarkarAnwar, though he was quite emphatically presenting his arguments. Nevertheless, bro Noah has yet to convince as how authenticity of Quran be looked upon from outside the Quran and not from within it, if we don't care for the Islamic history through the science of Hadith collection? Not only this, there are so many other numerous reasons to adopt the authentic sunnah, that it is overwhelmingly clear that indeed sunnah of Prophet Mohammad can't be ignored, even though we have perfect Quran as it was revealed on Prophet Mohammad. One such reason is the need to establish a Muslim Society. Though individually my brother Noah's argument could get away with the Quran only, but on the community level as a whole functioning society, as Prophet Mohammad himself had alluded, that if the issue is not found from the Quran, the next best thing to adopt is the authentic sunnah. Hence, guidance on the collective issues, such as regulation of distribution of zakat, congregation of Salaat ul Jumma, or Salaat ul Jinaza, or many other acts of pity and humbleness etc, can only be taken through the authentic sunnah. It doesn't reduce Quran to any level below, nor it freezes it in the temporal dimension, but upholds its principles to their best possible implementation through sunnah.  
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2007 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Noah Noah wrote:

"A group from the Ureyneh and Uqayleh tribes came to the prophet and the prophet advised them to drink urine of camels. Later on, when they killed the prophet's shepherd, the prophet seized them, gouged out their eyes, cut their hands and legs, and left them thirsty in the desert" (Bukhary 56/152, Hanbel 3/107,163).

I am confused about the camel-urine hadith too. How could the prophet recommend the drinking of camel�s urine, considering the importance that the Koran gives to hygiene?

Also Muhammad (PBUH) was a mercy to mankind; why will he militate the people of the tribe? ; The Shepard was killed; so the right thing would have been killing the murderer.

Is This hadith true? or its fabricated? whats the wisdom behind it ?
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2007 at 7:35pm
"I am confused about the camel-urine hadith too. How could the prophet recommend the drinking of camel�s urine, considering the importance that the Koran gives to hygiene?

Also Muhammad (PBUH) was a mercy to mankind; why will he militate the people of the tribe? ; The Shepard was killed; so the right thing would have been killing the murderer.

Is This hadith true? or its fabricated? whats the wisdom behind it ?"

Yes, it is a true hadith.  Some people believe that just because the Prophet advised those people to drink milk mixed with camel urine, it was a "medically" or "hygienically" incorrect, and therefore, the hadith must be fabricated.  Undoubtedly, these people are not aware that animal urine is used in making medicines.  An example is Premarin (which is an acronym for Pregnant Mare's Urine), a drug which has been and continues to be prescribed by many doctors to treat menopausal disorders, to prevent osteoporosis, among other things.  Obviously, animal urine is used in the production of medicine.  Why then is it so hard to accept that the Prophet could have advised camel urine in milk to treat a mild sickness? 

As for the punishment of the murderers, what is the problem?  Those people murdered the shepherd and stole his herd!  They were captured and executed.  Is not their punishment mentioned in the Quran?

"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;  Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."  (Surah al-Maeda:33-34)
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic