IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Time breaking fasting in summer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time breaking fasting in summer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mariacanadiana View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariacanadiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time breaking fasting in summer
    Posted: 18 December 2008 at 6:03am

asalamalaikum !!

I live in Canada and this next Ramadan will be a summer fast, so that means the athan for fajir will sound at 5am (sometimes 4:45) and maghrib sometimes isnt until 8 or 9 pm at night. I was told that there is a limit tot eh time fasting in this occasion, once so many hours have been completed you can break the fast, so we still have to stop eating at the early fajr, i forget how many hours it is - I'm thinking 14, but it might be 16 so you will need to research to check. when it comes close to ramadan again I will post the info for all the muslims who live so far from the equator.

Hope this was helpful!

Maria
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 9:41am
Salaams Muslm First,

Welcome to the forum.

Generally 8pm is not a problem..

Those in extremem polar regions where the sun never sets etc people can, I read follow the city closest to themselves at a certain latitude. I did not pay attention to exact measurements.

I don't have a direct link as well, it does not pertain to me.. :)

And again, welcome

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 6:43am
As Salamu Alaikum

Welcome to the forum Muslimfirst.

I am sure this matter is addressed by the Ulema. However I don't clearly understand what you mean by the 8pm to 10pm sunset.

If you check the Fatawa Sites you will get some information I am sure.

Salams

Edited by Alwardah - 26 August 2008 at 7:11am
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
muslimfirst View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimfirst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 12:02pm
I would like to ask to any knowledgeable in Islam if the Ramadan concides with summer time where the sunset is at least 8pm to 10pm, is it possible to break fasting with the time of Mecca during the day? Because I heard that the Quran says God does not burden people of what they cannot afford. And I think that is difficult to a normal person to fast from morning upto 8pm-10pm. I would like to know if the Ulema in western countries have addressed this topic before and wht did they say about
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic