IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Eating in a broken utensil ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eating in a broken utensil ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eating in a broken utensil ?
    Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:30am
As'sallamualaikum. . .

The other day, somebody mentioned to me that eating food in a cracked/broken utensil or plate is Makruh. Apparently this is a widespread notion that I was not aware of until a few days ago - so thought I would check up on that.

Is that true? Does anyone here know if this has an Islamic basis i.e. Sahih Hadith? Also, if anyone can direct me to that Hadith/Source , I would appreciate it.

That person also told me that it has a logical explanation for it, which is that micro-particles of food get stuck in the minute-cracks and may collect germs/bacteria. . .

Jazakallah in advance.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
famania View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote famania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 1:41pm

Walaikum-salam!

Dear,

Yes, I have heard the same even in cases like broken mirrors are as well not to be used. It is said that anything that is broken should be immediately disposed.

I am sorry don't have any hadith on that yet to support my point as well but just heard from various people in general.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 12:58am
Originally posted by famania famania wrote:

Walaikum-salam!

Dear,

Yes, I have heard the same even in cases like broken mirrors are as well not to be used. It is said that anything that is broken should be immediately disposed.

I am sorry don't have any hadith on that yet to support my point as well but just heard from various people in general.

I think broken mirrors has something to do with "bad luck", which is not an Islamic concept, infact its a general superstition that transcends religion. Non-muslims also think that breaking a mirror brings 7yrs of bad luck!

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic