IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Test from Allah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Test from Allah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infomagination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Test from Allah
    Posted: 02 June 2008 at 4:58am
Test from Allah

Abu Hurairah Radhi Allahu Anhu narrates that he heard Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam saying, "Allah decided to test three people from the Bani Israeel : a leper, a bald-headed man and a blind man. So, He sent to them an angel. The angel first came to the leper and asked, 'What do you like most?'
He replied, "A beautiful complexion and good skin and that this quality because of which people dislike me, will be removed from me."

The angel touched him and his illness was cured. He was given a beautiful complexion and good skin.
The angel then asked him, "What type of wealth do you like best?"
He replied, "Camels (or cows)."
So he was given a pregnant she-camel and the angel said to him, "May Allah bless you in this."

The angel then went to the bald-headed man and asked, "What do you like most?"
He answered, "Beautiful hair and that this quality because of which people dislike me, be removed from me."

The angel touched him and his baldness was removed. He was granted beautiful hair.
He replied, "Cows."
The angel gave him a pregnant cow and said, "May Allah bless you in this."

The angel then went to the blind man and asked, "What do you like best?"
He replied, "I would like that Allah restores my eye-sight so that I may see people."
The angel touched him and Allah gave him back his eye-sight.
He replied, "Sheep."
So, he was given a pregnant sheep.

After a time all the three pregnant animals gave birth to young ones, and multiplied so much that each of the three men had a valley full of camels, cows and sheep respectively.

Now the angel, disguised as a human and with the appearance of a leper, went to the man who had been a leper and asked, "I am a poor man. I have lost my means of livelihood during the course of my journey. None can assist me except Allah and then you. I ask you in the Name of that Being Who has given you such beautiful complexion, skin and wealth to give me a camel so that I may reach my destination."
The man replied, "I have many obligations (I cannot help you)."
The angel said, "I think I know you. Were you not a leper whom the people disliked? Were you not a poor man, and Allah then granted you wealth?"
He replied, "I inherited this wealth from my fore-fathers."
The angel said, 'If you are telling a lie, then may Allah return you to the condition you were in before."

Then the angel, disguised as a human and with the appearance of a bald man, went to the man who was bald and said to him the same as he had told the first man, and he too answered the same as the person before him.
The angel said, "If you are telling a lie, then may Allah return you to the condition you were in before."

Then the angel, disguised as blind man, went to the man who was blind and said, "I am a poor man and a traveler whose means of livelihood has been lost during my journey. Nobody can help me except Allah, and then you. I ask you in the Name of that Being Who has given you back your eye-sight to give me a sheep, so that I may complete my journey."
The man said, "Most certainly, I was blind and Allah gave me back my eye-sight. Take anything you wish from my wealth. By Allah, I will not stop you for taking anything of my wealth which you may take for the sake of Allah Azza Wajal."
The angel replied, "Keep your wealth. You three have been tested and Allah is pleased with you and is angry with your two companions." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Lessons

1. The story warns about the evil of those who deny the bounties of Allah and the goodness of those who are thankful and appreciative.
2. The story also encourages spending on the poor for Allah's pleasure and the evil of miserliness. Miserliness is such an evil that it drives a person to lie and also to deny the bounties of Allah.
3. Wealth is a surely a test in the hands of a person.

"One morning or evening in the path of Allah is better than the world and all it contains. A hand-span or a whip's length of Jannat is better that the world and all it contains..."Sayings of Nabi(SAW)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic