IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I really need help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I really need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sokolov123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I really need help
    Posted: 01 June 2008 at 2:47pm
Am i allowed to have an earing or not, some people tell me its halal and some say its haram i dont know what to do someone please tell me if i can or can not

Edited by Sokolov123 - 01 June 2008 at 2:49pm
Hamzah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamzah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 6:27am
Bismillah, Assalam Alaikum
i persume that you are a MALE, as earings are Halal for FEMALES, i hope that the following answers your question.

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

It is impermissible for men to wear earrings or have their ears pierced in order to wear earrings. There are certain reasons for this prohibition:

Firstly, it is agreed upon by the scholars, that it is unlawful for men to adorn themselves with any type of jewellery besides a silver ring. (See: Ibn Qudama, al-Mughni, 2.324 & al-Mawsu�a al-Fiqhiyya).

The great Hanafi Jurist, Imam al-Haskafi (may Allah have mercy on him) states in his famous work, Durr al-Mukhtar:

�It is not permissible for a man to adorn himself with any type of gold and silver whatsoever (mutlaqan) besides a silver ring�� (Radd al-Muhtar ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar, 6/358-359, fasl fi al-libas).

Secondly, earrings are (still) generally considered a type of adornment for women and even in the West they were originally worn by those men who wanted to imitate women. Imitating women intentionally is considered unlawful in Islam.

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) relates, that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace): �Cursed those men who imitate women and those women who imitate men� (Sahih al-Bukhari, 7/205).

Thirdly, wearing earrings is a custom that developed and is generally prevalent among non-Muslim men, and imitating non-Muslims is also impermissible.

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: �Whoever imitates a people is one of them.� (Sunan Abu Dawud, no. 4031 & Musnad Ahmad, 2/50)

Given the above reasons, it would not be permissible for men to wear and adorn themselves with earrings.

And Allah knows best

Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari,
Darul Iftaa, Leicester, UK,

Edited by Hamzah - 02 June 2008 at 6:31am
"Whosoever fears Allah, he will appoint for him a way out, and provide for him from where he does not expect"
Sokolov123 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sokolov123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 7:29pm
jazakallah  dnt need to worry about it anymore
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic