IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Topic Closed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTopic Closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 7:03am
I've now "closed" this topic as nothing postive has come out of it.

Wasalam
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by fareeda fareeda wrote:

Ronn I wasn't happy reading your message as I found it quite patronising and sarcastic.... in fact it's almost a personal attack!

Re: "I'm not sure what you mean by that.  If you mean that not many people have replied to your message here, I think you need to give it a few days."

ISLAMICALLY, in a "MUSLIM" forum, it is only righteousness, if Muslims who are volunteering would greet new members, say salams, or at least offer some empathy or advice. This is btw an Islamic concept, something that you wouldn't understand and that is why I am in a "Muslim" forum hoping to be in contact with other "Muslims". It used to be vaguely known as "courtesy" in your language.

"It also might also be worthwhile to get involved in some of the other discussions here and make some connections with other people first."

FYI, if only you had bothered searching, you would have noticed that I have already posted in other forums, yesterday, and it is not your business to tell me how, when or what to post in a forum. I am not naive or daft as you seem to imagine. I would have posted more if the moderators didn't take ten years to accept my posts as a new member, that in it self is off putting. I have posted a great length of time in other sites in many threads about various issues and I certainly don't need your unhelpful comments.

The reason why some people enter forums is only to get advice or support from others. When someone is in agony or is distressed or in difficulties or is depressed, you shouldn't act as a moderator TELLING them what, where and how to post before they are offered any support. Again that is not an Islamic way of doing things but from a selfish non Muslim tradition. There is no compulsion in how I follow my 'deen' (way of life), but of course, if you are an arrogant,  ignorant, imperialist then you wouldn't understand that.

Re: "As for me, I am not a Muslim, so although I would be happy to make some suggestions I don't think you would find them suitable. "

No thank you.

I am not in need of your suggestions already had plenty from non-muslims and tbh, I am tired of non-muslim advice 24/7.

I need Muslim support. I used to be around Muslims all the time in my younger days and I know the difference between the two. That has changed, esp with the new globalisation (NWO) and wars taking place. Some of my best friends have either been killed, died or have moved somewhere else and yes we have lost our home and homeland thanks to this government and that is why I ended up here in UK, not my choice.

Returning there now, is akin to euthanasia with the West terrorizing everyone (except themselves)!

RE: Salaam, and good luck in your search

Wasalam, I am sure I will be lucky without you, insha Allah!

I think the highlighted portions of your post speak for themselves.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 10:18pm
Shasta Aunty,

Please keep your holier-than-thou attitude and stop picking on me.

1. You are digging and searching for my faults that are not there and that is a sin in Islam.
2. You are scanadalizing me as you clearly out to defame me when you know full well I have neither said anything wrong nor abused anyone.
3. You haven't even greeted me as a new Muslim member or made me feel honoured or welcome in this forum, so that is another sin.
4. Even when the dispute is over, you are carrying on showing no respect that it has ended, which is another sin.
5. You haven't read or understood my posts or shown any tolerance towards me, but instead wasting my time by arguing against me.
4. This thread was not opened as an opportunity for you to start attacking me just to take out your frustrations out on me, becasue if you do continue to attack another Muslim, that is a sin.
5. This discussion is OVER. so Islamically you know where to go.

a) You are not Ronn and I was responding to Ron, before you attacked me.

b) Islamically my dispute ended with Ron so Isalmically, it is none of your business.

c) Defaming and being prejudiced when you do not know me and taking sides with non Muslims, while being totally unfair, highly critical for no reason, and wasting my time, is unislamic.

So (unless you are Ronn, or married to Ronn), I suggest you kindly remove yourself and mind your own business and stop misjudging me and joining your peers in attacking me all week, because otherwise you are sinning and creating a new fitna.

Unless you want to continue to promote your negative side online, don't return for more attacks on me because it is unislamic. I simply refuse to waste my time quarreling with fellow Muslims as not only is it antagonsing but I believe it is completely and utterly unislamic behaviour.

See the Quran:

Obey God and His Messenger and do not quarrel amongst yourselves lest you lose heart and your momentum disappear. And be steadfast. God is with the steadfast. (Surat al-Anfal: 46)

Believers, let not a group of you mock another. Perhaps they are better than you. Let not women mock each other; perhaps one is better than the other. Let not one of you find faults in another nor let anyone of you defame another. How terrible is the defamation after having true faith. Those who do not repent are certainly unjust (49:11).

'Abdullah b. Umar said that Rasulullah saw said : "The muslim is he from whose tongue and hand a Muslim is safe, and the muhajir he who gives up what Allah has prohibited for him ". ( Bukhari, Muslim )

Abu Hurairah said that Rasulullah saw said : "Beware of envy, for envy devours good (deeds) like fire devours firewood". ( Abu Dawud )

From Anas : Rasulullah saw said : "By Him in whose hand is my soul, a servant (of Allah) does not believe (truly) until he likes for his brother what he likes for himself ". ( Bukhari, Muslim )

From Anas : Rasulullah saw said : " Make thing easy, and do not make them difficult, and give good tidings and do not make people ay " run away ( Bukhari )

Abu Hurairah ra said that Rasulullah saw said :

"Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the greatest falsehood. Do not try to find fault with each other, do not spy on one another, do not envy one another, do not be angry with one another, do not turn away from one another, and be servants of Allah, brothers to one another, as you have been enjoined. A Muslim is the brother of a muslim, he does him no wrong, nor does he let him down, nor does he despise him. Fear of God is here, fear of God is here, and he pointed to his chest. It is evil enough that a Muslim should look down on his brother. For every muslim is sacred to one another : his blood, his honour, and his property. Allah does not look at your bodies or your forms, or your deeds, but He looks at your hearts". (Bukhari, Muslim).

Edited by fareeda - 09 May 2008 at 10:59pm
fareeda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 10:37pm

To SA

You and Ron have been repeatedly picking at me, only for me saying: it seems like hardly anyone likes to discuss issues here

Read and understand our previous responses before you attack:

Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  If you mean that not many people have replied to your message here, I think you need to give it a few days.  It also might also be worthwhile to get involved in some of the other discussions here and make some connections with other people first.

As for me, I am not a Muslim, so although I would be happy to make some suggestions I don't think you would find them suitableSalaam, and good luck in your search.

My apologies, fareeda.  I certainly didn't mean to offend.  I guess the title of your message misled me into thinking that you might be looking for advice, but apparently I was wrong.  I won't trouble you further.

Read my final response to Ronn:

No problems, as long as you understand that yes I was looking for advice but from fellow Muslims, as at the moment I need moral support from my own community.  Anyway, I've received some PM messages from others, which was nice and kind. Regards

And then you, SA started playing the 'holier-than-thou' card after someone else slandered me just before you by accusing me of "verbally attacking him" when I had done no such thing:

Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt

I can understand you being distressed, depressed and unhappy, but Islamically we should respond kindly and always think of the dawa. Just because someone is not Muslim does not mean they are not insightful or are being patronizing, arrogant, selfish, or ignorant.  My family and some friends are non-Muslim and they are none of the above and often much more sympathetic and supportive than Muslims I know.

Here was my response to you:

Salams "Shasta Aunty"

Was it "Islamic" for you to judge my intentions as a Muslim and pass over your exaggerated and demeaning comments about the manner I chose to respond?

You have not even greeted me Islamically, so what makes you think that I know who's a Muslim and who's not? So far, I've mostly seen patronizing and condescending comments from both Muslims and Non Muslims on site. Since I stood up against such oppressive responses on this site, it seems there is so much envy here that no one can stand a Muslim woman speaking assertively for her rights. In fact, most of the nice comments since I have joined, are the ones in the PM's I have received.

What makes you think I am not a kind person or that I have not dealt with this user kindly? Can you give me some suggestions? Or have you not read our responses esp. my final response to him? Also I would like to know why are you here to start another argument when you know it has finished and apologies have been made? What makes you think just because you have had a different experience with some non-muslims that you know me or have the right to tell me who I should be responding to in an "Islamic" discussion forum? Where did I say that I am 'distresed' or 'depressed''?

What makes you think just because he is a non-muslim that I can not respond to him in an appropriate and correct manner according to Islam? (See Quran 9:73, 25:52) I have given him response as the prophet would have if he said "the same to you", only that I repeated what he said and gave "like with like." And Ronn got the message and has apologized. So please read my final response, before jumping to accusations.

Finally, how do you know that I was not doing dawa? How do you know if this is not my way of striving towards my Lord? 

Let Allah be the Judge.

Wasalam

Edited by fareeda - 09 May 2008 at 11:40pm
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by fareeda fareeda wrote:

And Ronn got the message and has apologized.

Just to be clear, I apologized because you were offended and that was not my intention; but the only "message" I got was to stay far, far away from you.  I still don't know what I said that provoked your reaction.

But let's not dwell on it.  To others in the forum: fareeda came here looking for advice (and obviously not from me).  Perhaps that can be the topic of this discussion?

Ron

Yep...sure looks like Ron picked on you....Had to read the entire thread to get a sense of the issue.

icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 1:25am
Assalamu alaikum/Peace Sr. Farida and others,

I you want to close a topic that initiated by you, please contact admin or moderator they can close it for you.

Thanks,

Wassalam

Admin

Edited by icforumadmin - 10 May 2008 at 1:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic