IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam through peganism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam through peganism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam through peganism
    Posted: 13 March 2005 at 12:23pm

Topic:  Islam through peganism (1 of 6), Read 127 times 
Conf:  Islam: How I Became Muslim
Date:  Monday, June 09, 2003 04:28 PM 

I've enjoyed reading all of these conversion stories. Subhan'Allah, there are so many ways for Allah to guide us to the right path.
The subject of conversion/reversion/(your word here) is so interesting and inspiring to all Muslims. I have found that the most interested are the ones who were born into families of practicing parents. Many converts may be able to relate to my experiences: at nearly every social function, halaqua, meeting, whatever, a "raised-Muslim" will notice the color of your skin or your lack of an accent, and they'll hound you for your conversion story. Only 8 months after I converted I was so tired of explaining my story that I actually stopped going to most functions at my Masjid!
Well, now I've decided to write it down once and for all:

I was raised Roman Catholic of the Sicilian persuasion. After attending a Catholic elementary school, I had decided that my calling in life was to become a nun. My plan was to finish school and move to the East Coast of the US to join a convent. After my Grandmother died, my faith started to waiver. My family moved to another city and I couldn't find a church that performed services in the same way, or that adhered to tradition as much as I expected them too. I tried to find the awe, fear, and respect for God that I had had when I was younger, but I didn't know how. So my quest began.

I began attending Lutheran, Episcopalian, Protestant, Baptist, even Mormon services. All of them were so... wrong. I became very depressed, so I started looking to other types of religion: Taoism, Buddhism, Hinduism (hehe), and the types of Christianity that are practiced in India. These were all interesting, but lacking the one quality that my heart yearned for. Finally I tried wicca/paganism. I studied the holidays and rituals, and found that every ritual I performed were attempts to find peace and happiness. I knew that I could never worship anyone but God, but I couldn't figure out why I couldn't relate to the Torah and the unlimited number of translations of the Bible. They just seemed illogical and wrong.

Then I redoubled my efforts and research in paganism. I would recommend that everyone go to a pagan web site to really find out what Halloween (Samhain), Easter (the Spring Equinox), and Christmas are really about. The jack-o-lanterns, trick-or-treating, the easter bunny, colored eggs, the christmas tree, EVERYTHING that this country is practicing is PAGAN! Jesus never put ornaments on a Christmas tree, but pagans in Europe used to put trinkets representing wishes onto trees as offerings to the spirits... I realized that Christianity that is practiced today has NOTHING to do with Jesus/Isa.

So, with Christianity out of the way, I finally asked a friend of mine for a Koran. I stayed up night after night to read it and felt such relief in finally finding the truth. I already held most of the morals and fundamental beliefs, and easily adopted the practices because Allah has made them natural to us all. Subhan'Allah, my searching proved to me that Islam is the only true religion without question (I had already tried nearly every other religion out there). My experiences after Shahada will have to be another novel (Jezak Allahu kheir for reading such a long entry). Insha'Allah this will help others to find the right path or to renew their faith.

Fe Aman'Allah
Asalamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters

============================================

Topic:  Islam through peganism (2 of 6), Read 108 times 
Date:  Tuesday, June 10, 2003 02:19 AM 

Asalamu Alaikum

Thank you for sharing your story. Conversion/Reversion stories not only help non-Muslims in their search for the Truth, they also inspire Muslims and help us to appreciate the beauty and simplicity of Islam.

============================================

Topic:  Islam through peganism (3 of 6), Read 110 times 
Date:  Tuesday, June 10, 2003 07:45 AM 

Assalaamu ^alaykum

Ameen. Barak Allahu feek for sharing. Please try to be patient with those who ask many questions. Our hearts are so full of joy and respect to see someone like you. Alhamdulillah.

Umm^Abed

===========================================

Topic:  Islam through peganism (4 of 6), Read 101 times 
Date:  Tuesday, June 10, 2003 04:33 PM 

WOW...

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 8:11am

Bismillah,

Ma'shahAllah.  I studied a lot of faiths also, but maybe not as thoroughly as you.  I also felt powerfully pulled to Islam by reading the Holy Qur'an.

May Allah, SWT, continue to guide us and protect us from people that bug us too much for our stories!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
saalih View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2005 at 12:45pm
the Bible clearly predicted and forbade the decoration of Christmas trees in Jeremiah 10:2-5: "Thus saith the Lord: 'Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold, they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good."
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 1:54am
I commend the author on his efforts and success in finding a path to God.

I would ask him to ammend his statement "I realized that Christianity that is
practiced today has NOTHING to do with Jesus/Isa." to "I realized that MUCH
WHICH PASSES FOR Christianity that is practiced today has NOTHING to do
with Jesus/Isa.

Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic