IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Books, Newspapers & Magazines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Poets And The Prophet  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Poets And The Prophet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murabit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Poets And The Prophet
    Posted: 20 March 2008 at 9:36pm
The Poets And The Prophet

By Dawud Wharnsby

"The Poets And The Prophet" is a statement of hope in the midst of today�s increasing social, religious and political tensions. Songs by Dawud Wharnsby and co-writer Bill Kocher address several issues of social concern: family discord, political/religious extremism, spiritual hypocrisy, social unity and conflict resolution.

Featuring a diverse team of session musicians and special guests, "The Poets And The Prophet" unites prominent artists with varying musical passions, spiritual foundations and cultural backgrounds. Among the CD�s diverse players are Canadian songwriter and 2007 Juno Award winner Stephen Fearing and world renowned sitar master Irshad Khan (India/Canada).

Tracks include: "You Are The Only One", "Everyday", "The Prophet", "Love Strong", "Midnight", "Block', "The Poets", "Vacuous Waxing", "Prophet For Profit" and "Follow".

- Purchase the CD from: Beloved Musika

- Check out his music on: MySpace
"I am a slave. I eat as a slave eats and I sit as a slave sits.", Beloved, sallallahu alyhi wa-sallam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic