IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is the BEAST OF THE EARTH Good or Evil?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is the BEAST OF THE EARTH Good or Evil?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the BEAST OF THE EARTH Good or Evil?
    Posted: 12 March 2008 at 4:10pm

Bismillahirrahmaanerraheem

In Surah Naml verse 82 we we read:

And when the word shall come to pass against them, We shall bring forth for them a Beast out of the earth who will speak to them, because people did not believe in Our Ayat with assurance.

For some reason most Muslims are under the impression that the Beast is Good. However after some research I found that the Beast is in fact working with the DAJJAL.

In Sahih Muslim there is a long narration about Dajjal living on an island with a Beast and according to Imam Nawawi, ibn Omar narrated that this is the same as the Beast mentioned in Naml 82.

Also the Hadith in Sahih Muslim is self evident as according to it, the Beast who lived with Dajjal could SPEAK.

So why do so many Muslims think the Beast is "Good"??? I have found a number of reasons why:

1) Bad translations of Qur'an.

2) Weak/fabricated narrations.

3) Baseless interpretations.

4) Heretical sects

A very common bad translation is when the Ayah is translated as:

And when the word shall come to pass against them, We shall bring forth for them a Beast out of the earth who will speak to them saying: "people did not believe in Our communications."

This translation which is very common (especially in Iranian/Shiah translations but also Some Sunni translations) wrongly translates the words to make it seem that the Beast is Good and will tell people that they should believe in the Ayat of Qur'an!!

This translation is false because the Qur'an says "Inna al-Nass" which means "that people" or "because people" and NOT "say to people". The word "Saying" is not in the Ayah at all.

There are a lot of narrations that say or imply that the Beast is Good, however as far as I know not even a single one of them is authentic and none have been narrated in the Sahih books.

Sadly however, they are often quoted by the Mofassireen in connection with this Ayah and so people reading the Tafsirs often assume that such unauthentic narrations are the correct interpretation.

The only narration in the Sahihayn regarding the Beast is the one about al-Jassasah and Dajjal and according to Imam Nawawi al-Jassasah is the Beast of the earth.

There are also a number of Sahih narrations in Musnad Ahmad and other books that dont say the Beast is Good or Bad, but simply describe it/her.

As for the Baseless interpretations there are some who say the Beast is a Snake or a Cammel... and recently some started saying its a Computer or even a Robot... these are all absolutely baseless and very easily refutable.

As for the heretical sects, the Shias have tried hard to make the Beast look Good as they believe that the Beast is "IMAM ALI"!!!! Im not kidding!

They actually say in their Tafsirs and "Hadith book"s that Ali ibn Abi Talib is the Beast (and some of their scholars disagree and say the Beast is Imam Mahdi!!!).

As ridiculous as this is, they have been trying hard to defend the Beast and in most if not all Shiah translations of the Qur'an they translate the Ayah in such a way so as to maek the Beast seem "Good".

So how am I so sure that the Beast is evil? Well first of all the fact that the only Sahih narrations we have either say he is working with the Dajjal or say nothing good about it.

Also it is important to note that the Bible also says the Beast of the earth is Evil (in the New Testament, revelation chapter 13) and it also says that the Beast will work with the FALSE PROPHET (Dajjal).

The Qur'an mentions the Beast without refuting or condemning the Christians, unlike in the case of Jesus where Allah condemns the Jews for hating him, and the Christians for worshipping him, the Qur'an does not refute Christian scriptures and beliefs when it comes to the Beast and thus implies that the Christian belief regarding the Beast is true.

Allah says in the Qur'an that the Qur'an confirms the previous books, so in this case it is clear that the Qur'an is confirming the Bible or else the Ayah would have clearly refuted the Christian prophecies and remember this is important because if the Christians believed something so "Good" to be Evil, then surely the Qur'an would either have condemned them for this, or made it very clear that the Beast is good, or both, but the Ayah does neither.

In fact the Ayah says the Beast will come because people did not believe in Allah's Ayat with assurance, this means the coming of the Beast is a bad thing (notice the Ayah says "people" did not believe with assurance, not Kafirs, so the coming of the Beast is a bad thing for people/Naas/humans in general, including Muslims. The word used is "Yoqenoon"/belief with assurance, and not "Yo'menoon" which means belief. Some have believed and are Mo'men but people do not have Yaqeen.)

poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah Sawtul Khilafah wrote:

Bismillahirrahmaanerraheem

In Surah Naml verse 82 we we read:

And when the word shall come to pass against them, We shall bring forth for them a Beast out of the earth who will speak to them, because people did not believe in Our Ayat with assurance.

For some reason most Muslims are under the impression that the Beast is Good. However after some research I found that the Beast is in fact working with the DAJJAL.

In Sahih Muslim there is a long narration about Dajjal living on an island with a Beast and according to Imam Nawawi, ibn Omar narrated that this is the same as the Beast mentioned in Naml 82.

Also the Hadith in Sahih Muslim is self evident as according to it, the Beast who lived with Dajjal could SPEAK.

So why do so many Muslims think the Beast is "Good"??? I have found a number of reasons why:

1) Bad translations of Qur'an.

2) Weak/fabricated narrations.

3) Baseless interpretations.

4) Heretical sects

A very common bad translation is when the Ayah is translated as:

And when the word shall come to pass against them, We shall bring forth for them a Beast out of the earth who will speak to them saying: "people did not believe in Our communications."

This translation which is very common (especially in Iranian/Shiah translations but also Some Sunni translations) wrongly translates the words to make it seem that the Beast is Good and will tell people that they should believe in the Ayat of Qur'an!!

This translation is false because the Qur'an says "Inna al-Nass" which means "that people" or "because people" and NOT "say to people". The word "Saying" is not in the Ayah at all.

There are a lot of narrations that say or imply that the Beast is Good, however as far as I know not even a single one of them is authentic and none have been narrated in the Sahih books.

Sadly however, they are often quoted by the Mofassireen in connection with this Ayah and so people reading the Tafsirs often assume that such unauthentic narrations are the correct interpretation.

The only narration in the Sahihayn regarding the Beast is the one about al-Jassasah and Dajjal and according to Imam Nawawi al-Jassasah is the Beast of the earth.

There are also a number of Sahih narrations in Musnad Ahmad and other books that dont say the Beast is Good or Bad, but simply describe it/her.

As for the Baseless interpretations there are some who say the Beast is a Snake or a Cammel... and recently some started saying its a Computer or even a Robot... these are all absolutely baseless and very easily refutable.

As for the heretical sects, the Shias have tried hard to make the Beast look Good as they believe that the Beast is "IMAM ALI"!!!! Im not kidding!

They actually say in their Tafsirs and "Hadith book"s that Ali ibn Abi Talib is the Beast (and some of their scholars disagree and say the Beast is Imam Mahdi!!!).

As ridiculous as this is, they have been trying hard to defend the Beast and in most if not all Shiah translations of the Qur'an they translate the Ayah in such a way so as to maek the Beast seem "Good".

So how am I so sure that the Beast is evil? Well first of all the fact that the only Sahih narrations we have either say he is working with the Dajjal or say nothing good about it.

Also it is important to note that the Bible also says the Beast of the earth is Evil (in the New Testament, revelation chapter 13) and it also says that the Beast will work with the FALSE PROPHET (Dajjal).

The Qur'an mentions the Beast without refuting or condemning the Christians, unlike in the case of Jesus where Allah condemns the Jews for hating him, and the Christians for worshipping him, the Qur'an does not refute Christian scriptures and beliefs when it comes to the Beast and thus implies that the Christian belief regarding the Beast is true.

Allah says in the Qur'an that the Qur'an confirms the previous books, so in this case it is clear that the Qur'an is confirming the Bible or else the Ayah would have clearly refuted the Christian prophecies and remember this is important because if the Christians believed something so "Good" to be Evil, then surely the Qur'an would either have condemned them for this, or made it very clear that the Beast is good, or both, but the Ayah does neither.

In fact the Ayah says the Beast will come because people did not believe in Allah's Ayat with assurance, this means the coming of the Beast is a bad thing (notice the Ayah says "people" did not believe with assurance, not Kafirs, so the coming of the Beast is a bad thing for people/Naas/humans in general, including Muslims. The word used is "Yoqenoon"/belief with assurance, and not "Yo'menoon" which means belief. Some have believed and are Mo'men but people do not have Yaqeen.)

The BEAST of burden Say's oh my easy human KARM
When i asked ALLAH for the new dawn of ISLAM
For darkened creation to give the light of NURANI sign
And he said yes to him be praises in the heavens and on earth
And in the late afternoon when sun begin to decline
He gave me signs of cube and circle to say my straight saying
He gave the lines of the staff of MOSES and the bendings of the SOLOMONIC ring
It is i the ANIMAL who hold sign of all fake DEEN and true DHARM
from SWEETSWORDS 101 [ Dawah ]
The emergence of the beast ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^AMONG the signs of the Hour will be the emergence of a beast from theearth. It will be very strange in appearance, and extremely huge; onecannot even imagine what it will look like. It will emerge from the earthand shake the dust from its head. It will have with it the ring of Solomonand the rod of Moses. People will be terrified of it and will try to runaway, but they will not be able to escape, because such will be the decreeof Allah. It will destroy the nose of every unbeliever with the rod, andwrite the word "Kafir" on his forehead; it will adorn the face of everybeliever and write the word "Mu'min" (true believer) on his forehead, andit will speak to people. Allah SWT said: "And when the Word is fulfilled against them (the unjust), We shallproduce from the earth a Beast to (face) them: it will speak to them,'"(al-Naml 27.82) Ibn 'Abbas, al-Hasan and Qutadah said that "It will speak to them"(tukallimuhum) means that it will address them. Ibn Jarir suggested thatit means that the Beast will address them with the words "'for thatmankind did not believe with assurance in Our Sings" (al-Naml 27:82 -latter part of the Ayah). Ibn Jarir reported this from 'Ali and 'Ata' Itwas reported from Ibn 'Abbas that tukallimuhum means that the Beast willcut them, i e, it will write the word "Kafir" on the forehead of theunbeliever. It was also reported from Ibn 'Abbas that he will both addressthem and cut them; this suggestion incorporates both of the previoussuggestions; and Allah knows best. We have already mentioned the Hadith of Hudhayfah ibn Usayd, in which theProphet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) is reported to have said, "The Hourwill not come until you see ten signs: the smoke; the Dajjal; the Beast;the sun rising from the West; the descent of Jesus son of Mary; Gog andMagog; and three landslides - one in the East, one in the West, and one inArabia, at the end of which fire will burst forth from the direction ofAden (Yemen) and drive people to the place of their final assembly." Abu Hurairah said: "The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said,'Hasten to do good deeds before six things happen: the rising of the sunfrom the West, the smoke, the Dajjal, the Beast, the (death) of one of youor general tribulation." (Muslim.) Baridah said: "The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) took me to aplace in the desert, near Makkah. It was a dry piece of land surrounded bysand. The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, 'The Beast willemerge from this place. It was a very small area." (Ibn Majah.) It was reported from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wasallam) said, "The Beast of the Earth will emerge, and will have with itthe rod of Moses and the ring of Solomon." It was also reported that hesaid, "(The Beast) will destroy the noses of the unbelievers with thering, - so that people seated around one table will begin to address oneanother with the words "O Believer!" or "O Unbeliever!" (i e, everyone'sstatus will become clear). (Ibn Majah.) 'Abd Allah ibn 'Amr said, "I memorised a Hadith from the Prophet(sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) which I have not forgotten since. I heardthe Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) say, 'The first of the signs (ofthe Hour) to appear will be the rising of the sun from the West and theappearance of the Best before the people in the forenoon. Whichever ofthese two events happens first, the other will follow immediately.'"(Muslim). That is to say, these will be the first extraordinary signs. TheDajjal, the descent of Jesus (alayhe salam), the emergence of Gog andMagog, are less unusual in that they are all human beings. But theemergence of the Beast, whose form will be very strange, its addressingthe people and classifying them according to their faith or unbelief, issomething truly extraordinary. This is the first of the earthly signs, asthe rising of the sun from the West is the first of the heavenly signs. THE RISING OF THE SUN FROM THE WEST ALLAH SWT says: "Are they waiting to see if the angels come to them, orthy Lord (Himself), or certain of the Signs of thy Lord? The day thatcertaof thesigns of thy Lord do come, no good will it do to a soul tobelieve in them then, if it believed not before nor earned righteousnessthrough its faith. Say: 'Wait ye: we too are waiting'" (al-Anam 6:158.) It was reported from Abu Sa'id al-Khudri that the Prophet (sallallahualayhe wa sallam) explained, "The day that certain of the Signs of thyLord do come, no good will it do to a soul to believe in them then",referring to the rising of the sun from the West. (Ahmad.) Abu Hurairah said, "The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) said, 'TheHour will not come until the sun rises from the West. When the people seeit, whoever is living on earth will believe, but that will be the timewhen - No good will it do to a soul to believe in them then, if itbelieved not before'" (Bukhari.) It was also reported from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhewa sallam) said, "The Hour will not come until the sun rises from theWest. When it rises and the people see it, they will all believe. But thatwill be the time when 'No good will it do to a soul to believe in themthen'" (Bukhari.) It was reported from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wasallam) said, "There are three things which, if they appear, 'No good willit do to a soul to believe in them then, if it believed not before norearned righteousness through its faith' They are: the rising of the sunfrom the West, the Dajjal, and the Beast of the Earth." (Ahmad, Muslim,Tirmidhi.) Abu Dharr said, "The Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam) asked me, 'Doyou know where the sun goes when it sets? I said, 'I do not know'He said,'It travels until it prostrates itself beneath the Throne, and asks forpermission to rise again. But a time will come when it will be told, 'Goback whence you came.' That will be the time when 'No good will it do to asoul to believe in them then, if it believed not before nor earnedrighteousness through its faith'" (Bukhari.) 'Amr ibn Jarir said, "Three Muslims were sitting with Marwan in Madinah,and heard him say, whilst talking about the Signs of the Hour, that thefirst of them would be the appearance of the Dajjal. The three went to'Abd Allah ibn 'Amr, and told him what they had heard Marwan sayconcerning the Signs. 'Abd Allah said, 'Marwan has not said much. Imemorised a Hadith like that from the Prophet (sallallahu alayhe wasallam) which I have not forgotten since. I heard the Prophet (sallallahualayhe wa sallam) say: The first of the signs will be the rising of thesun from the West, and the emergence of the Beast in the forenoon.Whichever of the two comes first, the other will follow immediately'" "The 'Abd Allah, who was widely-read, said, 'I think that the first tohappen will be the rising of the sun from the West. Every time it sets, itgoes beneath the Throne, prostrates itself, and seeks permission to riseagain. A time will come when three times it will seek permission and willreceive no reply, until, when part of the night has passed and it realisesthat even if it were given permission, it would not be able to rise ontime, it will say: "O my Lord, how far the rising-point is from me! Whatcan I do for the people now?" Then it will seek permission to go back, andit will be told: 'Rise from where you are now' - and it will rise from theWest'" Then 'Abd Allah recited the Ayah: "No good will it do to a soul to believe in them then, if it believed notbefore nor earned righteousness through its faith." (Ahmad.) Some scholars interpret "the rising of the sun from the West" as meaningthat Islam will appear in the West, as strong as it was in the beginning,and that the people of the West will carry the flag of Islam. THE SMOKE WHICH WILL APPEAR AT THE END OF TIME MASRUQ said: "While a man was giving a speech among the people of Kindah,he said, 'There will be smoke on the Day of Resurrection which willdeprive the hypocrites of their hearing and sight, but the believers willonly suffer something like a cold' We were terrified, so we went to IbnMasud, who was reclining. When he heard about this, he became angry andsat up, and said: 'O people, whoever knows a thing, let him say it; butwhoever does not know, let him say, "Allah knows best." It is a part ofknowledge, when one does not know something, to say "Allah knows best."Allah SWT said to His Prophet Mohammad (sallallahu alayhe wa sallam):"Say: 'No reward do I ask of you for this (Qur'an), nor am I a pretender'"(Sad 38:86.) "Quraysh were being slow in embracing Islam, so the Prophet (sallallahualayhe wa sallam) prayed against them, saying, 'O Allah, help me againstthem by sending seven years of famine like those of Joseph.' They wereafflicted by a year of famine in which they were destroyed, and ate deadanimals and bones. They began to see something like smoke between the skyand the earth. Abu Sufyan came and said, 'O Mohammad! You came to commandus to keep good relations with our relatives, and your people haveperished, so pray that Allah may relieve them'" The Ibn Mas'ud recited, "Then watch thou for the Day that the sky will bring forth a kind of smoke(or mist) plainly visible, Enveloping the people: this will be a Penalty Grievous. (They will say 'Our Lord! Remove the Penalty from us, for we do trulybelieve! How shall the Message be (effectual) for them, seeing that an Apostleexplaining things clearly has (already) come to them? Yet they return away from him and say: 'Tutored (by others), a manpossessed! We shall indeed remove the Penalty for a while, (but) truly ye will revert(to your ways)." (al-Dukhan 44:10-15) Ibn Maud asked: "Will their punishment in the Hereafter be removed so theycan go back to their Kufr?" Allah SWT said: "One day We shall seize you with a mighty onslaught: We will indeed (then)exact Retribution!" (al-Dukhan 44:16) "...and soon will come the inevitable (punishment)!" (al-Furqan 25:77) These Ayat refer to the Day (Battle) of Badr. Allah SWT said: "Alif-Lam-Mim. The Romans (Byzantines) have been defeated - in a landclose by; but they, (even) after (this) defeat of theirs, will soon bevictorious - within a few years'" (al-Rum 30: 1-3) (Bukhari.) This speaker's suggestion - that the idea that the smoke would be on theDay or Resurrection was not a good one - made Ibn Masud react angrily. Butthe smoke will appear before the Day of Resurrection; it will be one ofthe signs, which are: the Beast, the Dajjal, the Smoke, and Gog and Magog,as the Ahadith narrated from Abu Sarihah, Abu Hurairah and other Sahabahindicate. As mentioned in the Sahih Ahadith, the fire which will appear before theDay of Resurrection will burst forth from the direction of Aden, and drivethe people to the place of their final assembly. It will move with themand halt with them, and will devour any who lag behind.

Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 2:52pm
What exactly is this?? What is "sweetsowrds 101"????

Originally posted by poga poga wrote:

When i asked ALLAH for the new dawn of ISLAM
For darkened creation to give the light of NURANI sign
And he said yes to him be praises in the heavens and on earth
And in the late afternoon when sun begin to decline
He gave me signs of cube and circle to say my straight saying
He gave the lines of the staff of MOSES and the bendings of the SOLOMONIC ring
It is i the ANIMAL who hold sign of all fake DEEN and true DHARM
from SWEETSWORDS 101 [ Dawah ]

Edited by Sawtul Khilafah - 28 April 2008 at 2:53pm