IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - On his way to the mosque  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On his way to the mosque

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imp87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On his way to the mosque
    Posted: 17 February 2008 at 3:54am
A man woke up early in order to  do  his morning  fajar  prayer in the mosque.   He got dressed, set on his way to the  mosque. 

On his way to the mosque, the man fell and his clothes got dirty. He got up, brushed himself off, and headed home.  

At home, he changed his clothes, and was, again, on his way to the mosque. On his way to the mosque, he fell again and at the same spot! He, again, got up, brushed himself off and headed home.  

At home he, once again, changed his clothes and was on his way to the mosque. On his way to the mosque , he met a man holding a lamp. He asked the man of his identity and the man replied 'I saw you fall twice on your way to the mosque, so I brought a lamp so I can light your way. The first man thanked him profusely and the two were on their way to the mosque.   

Once at the mosque, the first man asked the man with the lamp to come in and pray with him. The second man refused. The first man asked him a couple more times and, again, the answer was the same. The first man asked him why he did not wish to come in and pray. The man replied, 'I am Shaytan'.  

The man was shocked at this reply. Shaytan went on to explain, 'I saw you on your way to the  mosque  and it was I who made you fall. When you went home, cleaned yourself and went back on your way to the mosque , Allah forgave all of your sins. I made you fall a second time, and even  that did not encourage you to stay home, but rather, you went back on your way to the mosque. Because of that,  Allah  forgave all the sins of the people of your household. I was afraid if I made you fall one more time, then Allah will forgive the sins of the people of your village, so I made sure that you reached the mosque safely. '  

So do not let Shaytan benefit from his actions. Do not put off the good you intended to do as you never know how much reward you might receive from the hardships you encounter while trying to achieve that good. For your righteousness can save your family and nation at large. Do this and see the victory of the lord.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 4:09am

Do not put off the good you intended to do as you never know how much reward you might receive from the hardships you encounter while trying to achieve that good

JazakAllah brother for sharing such good thought which was a reminder. I knew this kind of story, but the man was n't to his way to mosque but does n't wake up for the salah of fajr for two consecutive days and regrets a lot. Third day, he finds a man waking him up during the adha'an. On enquiring he says that he is satan. Since Allah swt, liked your act of repenting and rewarded you and loves you dearly than before, so i woke you up.

Anyways, i doubt the authenticity of such stories. Though they do teach us some moral, but again --khair.

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
imp87 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imp87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 2:30pm

Of course bro, this is just a little reminder that is all, but i personally think such things can, or do happen, well i hope they do

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 1:33am

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah a good moral story although there are various versions of it.

Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic