IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Honour Killing  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honour Killing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 2:13am

Who said that brother?

My brother, wataniyat (Gaads of nationality, nationalism and flags) DO NOT gel or mix with Islam, which is based on pure and simple huqooq el ibaad - Rights of los pobre Humanos!

Islam does not exist in a vacuum, but within cultures and societies.

Agreed, my dearest friend, agreed in toto. But it doesn't allow carving up of any Gaads of watniyat - nationality. Its content is universal and divine. Unfortunately, some apologistas of kings and emperors have made it look different.

One has to appreciate the benefits one is deriving from life in a non-Muslim country.

Again agreed in toto. Yes, those who are deriving any such benefits are more than welcome to swim in their gratitude of these benefits. I live in both the quarters and have failed to find any mid or long term benefits.

If you mean the benefit of having things, say, like a car then that failed to register this pobre hombre who had one long before he was sent to school in the great west!

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 2:52am

Did you not also make the decision to move here some years back?

Says who? Do you have to move lock stock and barrel to a country if you are sent to a school there? All the nine of us were sent to schools, in the UK, obviously, at different times. And each one of us ran back home the day we had completed our courses.

I think I remember you saying you went to university in the UK.

No, I didn't chose a uni in England. I prefered Lebanon of that period. It helped me immensly to learn not just Arabic, but also a far richer culture.

Was your time in the UK that bad?

I don't consider UK as bad even today. I also live, even now, in Lancashire (in fact, I am going there tomorrow). I find the way you seek approval of Britain not just a bit sad but absolutely out of character with true Brits.

It seems you fail to understand is the deeper aspect of the United Kingdom. It was an exceptionally beautiful country before turning into a mini US - high rise apartment blocks, plasticky architecture, gun crime, McDonalds and the ensuing obesity + the ever rising spin, war mongering, people telling you all the time that you can't breathe without the help of some special relationship!

Brits defrauding Brits!

Whisper, you are muslim also.

Catch me ever quoting Islam or claiming to be a Muslim, I will mail you a free return flight voucher for Almeria. I wish you didn't assume so much and then we could be great pals.

But you have an allegiance with Pakistan.

Really? You are assuming again, for the simple reason that anyone who has allegiances, takes anyone to have them. If I write about Pakistan or, for that matter, about anything else, it has nada to do with any localised normal allegiances.

There is a strange madness that happens to run in the family. My father had offered his life (though, thank goodness, it wasn't taken) for the cause of the Spanish Republicans, for a whole two years in 1937 and 38, in the Spanish Civil War.

His grandfather had refused to issue a fatwa in favour of the then Amir of KABUL and his followers smuggled him out to India when a prize was secretly offeed for his head.

His great grandfather, Memrez Salik, was the first ever man in Afghan history to denounce our own Indian occupations and that too as their Military Governor!

I am inflicted by the same very madness - my ONLY allegiance is with JUSTICE, the basic rights of MAN (that term also includes wimin in the typical English expression)

My madness binds me to stand against any form of injustice, occupations and war mongering with whatever colour of spin. And, I have no sympathy whatever for any war criminals. And, as long as you do not try your war criminals, you are very much a part of those.

If you want people to feel good about Britain, get your boys out of every single country they occupy and prosecute your war criminals.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic